Paint questions

controller77

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I've a lot of chips in my paint along with some peeling at the bottom of my front bumper cover. How much do you think it would cost to have that repainted? Also, because my car is a 2000, will it be hard to get a good match with the color? I don't know how much fading I might have. I've got a few door dings also, anyone know how much it'll be to get those fixed if they can be popped back out? Will they need to be repainted also? I don't have enough cash right now for a new full paint job, but would like to take care of these eye sores.

For the dings it all depends on how bad they are. I seen people take them out with plungers. Try this and tell me how it works for you.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbaP5BX-kVg

As far as the paint, if its small scratches and chips everywhere its best to just get a new paint job. If they use touch up stuff it might turn out like crap but others say that spot painting works great. Depending on how bad it is it might be best just to get the whole car re shot instead of spot painted.

Most places around here will repaint a bumper for $250 - $400 depending on the shop. But you should call a few shops in your area and ask them what they would charge.
Paint matching... they can usually get pretty darn close. If you have a multi metallic color, like Silver Birch for example, its usually harder for them to match the paint jsut right because of the way it reflects light. One angle might look fine, but from another angle it might look way off. Its pretty much hit or miss most of the time. If your car is a solid color, then its much easier to match and most shops (MOST) can get it right on, no trouble.
As I said though it all depends on the shop you take it to.

For the dings, look in the phone book for dent removal companies in your area. The dealership I work for uses Dent Wizard, a national chain. They charge about $100 for the first dent and something like $50 for each one after that, as long as they're about the size of a quarter or smaller. But, you should call around and ask some places near you for a more accurate estimate.

Members online

No members online now.
Back