Painful Video

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope me and my LS dont have that same demise.

Can you say buckling? Wow! It was like crushing an aluminum can. The engine was probably in his lap and the back wheelslooks like its going to touch the back of the seat. Note to self: Must start driving speed limit again.

BIG CELO said:
Damn does anyone know how fast the car was going for that test. It seems the LS doesn't do to well in accidents!!

Looks to me like it did a good job, I mean sure the car is totaled but from the look of the dummie it looks like he is going be ok

BIG CELO said:
Damn does anyone know how fast the car was going for that test. It seems the LS doesn't do to well in accidents!!

Well, it was rated as doing "good". The car crumpled instead of the driver. I would say it did very well indeed.

Did you notice on the door of the car it said 2000 Lincoln Ls...not 2005 like the website claims?

The video is probably from 1999 or early 2000. It probably going 40-50 in the offset crash test. The passenger's cabin is pretty intact, which is all anyone should be worried about. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety gives it a "good" which is as good as a rating there is.

But

Anyone look at the back seat area? Anyone see the back seat comming unlatched and slamming forward. Noooooooo, of course not... everyone's looking at the carnage up front. There was just a recall for the rear seat latches. Nice that it took them 5 years to find out something I saw in 5 minutes watching the same crash test video.

From the IIHS site:

Three aspects of frontal crashworthiness are assessed in the Institute's 40 mph frontal offset crash test: how well each vehicle's structural design (front-end crumple zone and safety cage) prevents intrusion into the occupant compartment; injury risk measured on a Hybrid III dummy representing an average-size male in the driver seat, and how well the belt and airbag perform and interact with the steering column and other vehicle parts to control dummy kinematics (movement).

Members online

Back