P2107 TAC module processor ??????????

Ringmaster

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
The 03 LSV8 Sport that my wife drives went into the fale safe mode the other day and wouldn't go over 20mph. After turning the engine off and restarting that went away but the engine light is on all the time now. Had the codes read today and got P2107 TAC module processor. Google search says this refers to the "throttle actuator control" "(TAC) module internal circuit" What the heck is this? Does it involve a fix or a part replacement? Expensive? Can it be done yourself? Thanks.

This is sometimes caused by a failing ignition coil, usually the #4 coil. I would check into that first.
Otherwise, it is the electronic throttle body. There is a known design/manufacturing issue with the 2003 throttle body. I have heard that replacement parts are in short supply.

If you do a search for P2107, you'll see some hits.

I'VE done coils before on my 02 but it had a miss. This car (03) has 125k miles and has never had a miss so it still has the original coils. Maybe that's it but why not throw a bad coil code?

Wanted to post incase it might help someone else. I replaced all 8 coils last night and the problem seems fixed. After experiencing the car going into fail safe and engine light coming on a few times in the past week I can no longer make the situation repeat itself. I purchased a set of brand new Motorcraft coils for $175 from an ebay seller that I bought from before. He sells new stuff in sealed packaging and shipps fast. Don't know why anybody would buy the no name coils.

Members online

Back