P2106

chance70357

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
ETC Engine Fail Safe Mode
throttle actuator control system-forced limited power

Can anyone help me out with this.
I read it was something to do with the TPS.

But let me say this first it only does it when i got the program installed and i hit 100MPH. If i return the car to stock i can go all the way to 140MPH in till the computer shuts the car down.

Can anyone shoot me some ideas what can be the problem. Is it the TPS going out and not reading the right amps cause i read it needs to read 8A to 11A or what can be going on where do i start looking.

One post i read on a f150 site that had that problem was that it was carbon build up to just clean the throttle body and run a fuel cleaner i forgot what one they used. Could that be a problem has anyone had this problem before.

What year is your LS?

2003 have a known throttle body defect.

2004-2006 it is often a problem with a marginal COP causing electrical noise in the system.

Alternately, perhaps something's wrong with your tune.

you hit 140 in your gen II? ive only been able to hit 133-135 before the limiter kicked in.

hope your problem gets resolved.

All second gens are set at 133 due to the tire speed rating.

Funny, the factory tires on my 04 were "V" rated. The factory tires on the 06 were "H". (Both now have "W.")

I have to admit that the 04 was kind of an odd one with a special appearance package and a few other unusual things. I haven't done any modifications or tuning to it. It will definitely hit 140. It was still increasing when I let off the gas pedal.

with everything i reading it could be anything but i dont understand why its during it with it on the tune. Can someone break it down for me i not good with the new cars yet.
What would be the first thing yall would try. I dont drive over 100MPH ofter but now and then i get a lil fart can on the side of me that think he is bad and i just cant sit there and take that.

a coil that doesn't spark as strong as it should.

Actually, they are usually more difficult than that. They will often "spark" just as strongly as they should most of the time, but every once in a while they will arc internally instead of through the spark plug. This is why stress testing may be required to find the bad ones. If you can't do it yourself and you are outside of the coil warranty, it is often cheaper just to replace all the coils than to stress test them. Unfortunately, you are in a gray area where it might not actually be a coil this time (but it probably is).

how would i go about stressing testing coils and if i have to replace them what yall think go back stock or the accell everyone talks about

I started getting this code on my 2003 after I installed the intake and the aggressive tune from Torrie. I only get the shut down and etc error after the engine is warm and I stomp on it. I am guessing electrial because it only does it warm. But I am not ruling out my intake installation yet either.

Of course its easier to test when I have the guages installed and the car actually starts.

Members online

Back