P1137 code help

00LincLS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I’ve run ForScan only once and this time it said I have this P1137 code. How do I diagnose what could be causing the issue? It’s showing several different things like ignition misfire, manifold vacuum leak, disconnected or damaged vacuum hose, restricted or damaged fuel injector, or low fuel pressure.
I have no idea how to test any of these options besides getting a new fuel filter. Any suggestions would be great in diagnosing which of these it could be

I’ve run ForScan only once and this time it said I have this P1137 code. How do I diagnose what could be causing the issue? It’s showing several different things like ignition misfire, manifold vacuum leak, disconnected or damaged vacuum hose, restricted or damaged fuel injector, or low fuel pressure.
I have no idea how to test any of these options besides getting a new fuel filter. Any suggestions would be great in diagnosing which of these it could be
When was the last time your Coil Over Plugs and Spark Plugs were replaced on your LS? Also did you visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors of your O2 Sensors..this car has four sensors.... Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.

FWIW...The Lincoln LS prefers NTK Brand O2 Sensors if you decide to replace them

When was the last time your Coil Over Plugs and Spark Plugs were replaced on your LS? Also did you visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors of your O2 Sensors..this car has four sensors.... Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
I do have a bad O2 sensor code that popped. This may sound dumb but I’m not exactly sure where to visually inspect the wiring harness. I’m not sure how old the coil over packs are but I’d assume that they haven’t been changed.

I do have a bad O2 sensor code that popped. This may sound dumb but I’m not exactly sure where to visually inspect the wiring harness. I’m not sure how old the coil over packs are but I’d assume that they haven’t been changed.
Coil Over Plugs (COPs) Not Coil Packs...Cadillac NorthStar Engines have Coil Packs...but as far as the wire harness and connectors for your O2 Sensors, they're not hard to see once you get under the car and look at them ...Like I said there is four sensors ...you will want to check out Bank #1 Sensor #2 ...this will be the sensor that will be Post-catalytic converter...after you pull out the connector for the sensor ...look for any corroded connector pins...sometimes it's better to just clear the code and first see if it comes back before you get to excited

FWIW...The Lincoln LS prefers NTK Brand O2 Sensors if you decide to replace them
That I didn’t know I’ll look into the NTK O2 sensors and I may just replace all of them at the same time. I may also replace the fuel filter as well.

That I didn’t know I’ll look into the NTK O2 sensors and I may just replace all of them at the same time. I may also replace the fuel filter as well.
I would be more concerned with intermittent Coils ...but if you have no misfires and the car is running good maybe just leave it be for now and inpect those connectors...you could even try to spray some CRC Brand 5103 Quick Dry Electronic Cleaner on the connectors so they have a better connection ...with all the road grime and salt during the winter the connectors could get moisture in them sometimes

Coil Over Plugs (COPs) Not Coil Packs...Cadillac NorthStar Engines have Coil Packs...but as far as the wire harness and connectors for your O2 Sensors, they're not hard to see once you get under the car and look at them ...Like I said there is four sensors ...you will want to check out Bank #1 Sensor #2 ...this will be the sensor that will be Post-catalytic converter...after you pull out the connector for the sensor ...look for any corroded connector pins...sometimes it's better to just clear the code and first see if it comes back before you get to excited
I’ll definitely look into bank 1 sensor 2

Members online

No members online now.
Back