p0352 Ignition Coil B Primary/Secondary Circuit Malfunction

Thanks Mechanicboy for the info. I'm not a mechanic and will have to pay someone to do this for me. However, I will print your writeup so I can have that handy when I have the job done. I can tell you I didn't understand anything about changing out the pins though. The more I understand about this stuff, the more I can prevent getting screwed over from hiring someone who really doesn't understand how to do this.

Who did you buy the Accel coils from? I've been checking around the internet and all I can find are the V6 version. Who sells the V8 ones?

Who did you buy the Accel coils from? I've been checking around the internet and all I can find are the V6 version. Who sells the V8 ones?

I bought them from a member on here. They are Accel 140032-8

Po302 po304

I just put my engine back together and it was running rough, especially at idle. The (cheaper) OBDII reader showed the codes PO302 and PO304. I plugged in my Genysis (more expensive OBDII tool) and it showed that cylinders 2 and 4 were having a fuel injector issue.

With the engine running I pushed the electrical connectors all the way on to the injectors and the engine smoothed right out. The clips are broken off. I need to tie wrap them or something. Just FYI

Oops

I forgot to mention (above) that i was also getting code PO354 Coil D. That went away after I fully plugged in the 2 fuel injectors. Not sure why at this point. It may have been an old code but I just hooked the battery back up a few days ago.

Can P0352 cause this?

My engine sounds like it is backfiring in the intake. Happened while I was driving down the highway one day and now I cannot drive it because it is running so terribly and barely moves.

Here is a video of it running: http://www.facebook.com/v/3398899125317

By the way, the CEL is on and the only code at the moment is a P0352.

I know that some of my fuel injector wiring connectors, as well as some of the coil connectors, have broken clips, so they may have backed out and may not be making good contact to cause this? Or do you think it could be something worse, like a bent valve?

Yeah, that's not good. Are you sure a timing chain didn't break? I would pull both the valve covers and see how things look. Only takes a couple of hours.

Yeah, that's not good. Are you sure a timing chain didn't break? I would pull both the valve covers and see how things look. Only takes a couple of hours.

Yeah, my issue/story is actually in another thread... http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=81604

But reading this thread actually makes me wonder about maybe it being something easier than a valve job. Ugh. Some of my injector connectors have broken clips, and the same goes for some of my coils. So maybe I am thinking that the connectors aren't seated fully?! (Although I have had the coils moved around and have connected and reconnected the coils and injector connectors a few times since the problem started and it still runs the same. Sounds like backfiring in the intake: (VIDEO) http://www.facebook.com/v/3398899125317

I have pulled valve covers, checked chains and tensioners and cams and all is well as far as I can tell. Chains are all tight and cams are lined up and everything seems nice and snug and clean.

P035x specifically indicates a failure of the coil primary circuit, such as a loose or non-mated connector.

In that case, you may be in luck. Strap the connectors down with zip ties.

Were the cams still in time? The flats on the cams should line up to make a flat line with the top of the head. That is still an awful racket.

Well, I've got this code, again.. not the usual coil failure code..its sputtering at idle and low RPM band in high gear, like the coil is going bad but I replaced the coil to be sure anyway, and the problem didn't go away. I also checked the spark plug and that's fine. It feels like maybe something as simple a dirty fuel filter or a failing injector, but rather than just throwing parts at it (i'm currently out of work) I'm wondering what you all think it could be?

2001 Lincoln Town Car P0351 Ignition Coil A Primary/Secondary circuit malfunction

Just replaced, each Spark Plug and each Coil Pack, two days later check engine light came on for P0351 with P0301 Pending!

The coil pack receives 12 volts, though the ground is only grounded when the PCM tells it to.

when the misfire condition i tested the ground wire to the coil pack and at first did not receive a blinking light with the test light connected to the positive side of the battery and the prob on teh connector ground side of the coil pack. However i tested Cylinder two and did receive a good strong blinking test light that blinked faster as the rpm's increased. I replaced the intake manifold was replaced a couple months ago as the heater hoes nipple deteriorated. The new one is plastic, while the other 7 cylinders work fine, it does not make since that it would be leak or faulty ground. I am going to switch the coils a with coils e and see if the misfire does not change from P0301 to P0305

2001 Lincoln Town Car P0351 Ignition Coil A Primary/Secondary circuit malfunction

Just replaced, each Spark Plug and each Coil Pack, two days later check engine light came on for P0351 with P0301 Pending!

The coil pack receives 12 volts, though the ground is only grounded when the PCM tells it to.

when the misfire condition i tested the ground wire to the coil pack and at first did not receive a blinking light with the test light connected to the positive side of the battery and the prob on teh connector ground side of the coil pack. However i tested Cylinder two and did receive a good strong blinking test light that blinked faster as the rpm's increased. I replaced the intake manifold was replaced a couple months ago as the heater hoes nipple deteriorated. The new one is plastic, while the other 7 cylinders work fine, it does not make since that it would be leak or faulty ground. I am going to switch the coils a with coils e and see if the misfire does not change from P0301 to P0305

You will probably get more help in the Town Car forum....

Members online

No members online now.
Back