P0304 engine misfire! Think I need you guys help

johnnieboy13

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody. 2000 LSV8. I replaced the secondary timing tension a few months back and I just got around to doing the pugs and coils. Did em bout 2 weeks ago and it was running fine. Bout 1 week ago cylinder 4 has been misfiring like crazy. CEL is blinking as soon as I go about 45mph. Thought it could be a coil but I switched cylinder 3 and 4 around and got the same code. Took out the plug and it was dark black but dry. Checked the coil harness with a tester and its working fine. My mechanic did not check the timing or adjust it when he did the tension I should add. Could that be whats wrong? Any other suggestions? If timing is off whats the cheapest and best way to adjust the timing? Mechanics around here don't know much about this motor so any suggestions that I can forward to them will be appreciated.

The LS has a zero tolerance motor so it really wouldn't run long out of timing. I would check your connection on your fuel injector. The clip breaks easily and it just sit on top.

The LS has a zero tolerance motor so it really wouldn't run long out of timing. I would check your connection on your fuel injector. The clip breaks easily and it just sit on top.

Wow. That was it. Thanks so much! It was just loose and now my car is running like its never ran before.

Thanks again Slick.

Wow. That was it. Thanks so much! It was just loose and now my car is running like its never ran before.

Thanks again Slick.

No problem man, that's what I am hear for. Simple problems like that happen all the time, especially when you have to move the harness around, and people bring it to the dealer and they charge you at least $100 to press on that connection. It happens all the time!!

i had a code 0355 missfire in cylinder 1 and bad coil on 5

i replaced all my spark plugs with denso ik16 iridium plugs and replaced #5 coil it runs like a champ now . i have a 2006 pearl white ls v8 and i love this vehicle also had new fuel filter and fuel injectors cleaned , yo would not believe the difference in performance all i can say is wow!!!!!!!!!:D

Members online

Back