p0135, p0141, p0155, p0161, p2197, p2195 codes on my ls

Dewanjd

2003 lincoln ls
Reaction score
Okay so I went and ordered the NGK 02 sensors because I had these codes p0135, p0141, p0155, p0161, p2197, p2195. When looking them up I found that they all referred back to my 02 sensors so I replaced everyone of them. Now I'm still getting the same codes after replacing them. Has anyone had this problem or does it just take a minute for the computer to realize they have been changed. Any input would be great; I have to take my emissions test and renew my plates very soon. So these codes have gotta go................

You've probably wasted your money. You have a problem with the heater power circuit to the O2 sensors. You'll have to fix that.

Yes, it will take a while for the PCM to determine if the problem has gone away or not. You can reset the light, but it can still take just a long or longer before you know if it is really fixed or not.

p0135,0141,0155,0161 are all heater circuit failures find a buddy with a scanner and clear codes to c if they come right back if they do there is a fault currently preasent. if just one comes back you can trace the wires and test for short to power or ground. hope this helps but in my expirience if replacing the sensors does not let the code clear imiadiatly ither you have wires melted to the exhaust or the the pcm/ecm is faulty

I will go buy a scanner to clear the codes and see what comes up. I actually drove it a pretty long distance today and it seems to drive the way it should performance wise. So hopefully I can get this fixed and done with in the morning. Thanks guys once again......

Okay so here's the update......Went to autozone and purchased a scanner cleared the codes and it came right back. So after doing a little more research I found that there is a fuse that controls the 02 sensors (engine bay fuse 15). Well to my surprise I had a blown fuse. So I changed that and cleared the code again. It hasn't came back yet and I've driven it for a good 40 miles give or take. I know I will have to wait at least a week before I can take the emissions test but for now everything looks good.

I'm still going to change the plugs, fuel filter, and pcv valve/hoses just in case something else comes up. I'll keep everyone updated on my progress.

Ohhhh the cost of a luxury car..............Sooooooo I drove to work today and the check engine light came back on. What the hell now, well scanned the code and I have the dreaded p0420 code. Yup I need a catalytic converter replaced. This is a question for everyone, should I replace both or just the one giving me the code. I'm thinking both because I don't wanna deal with the heart ache of the code coming back. On the other hand one of the converters was replaced by the previous owner ( I just don't know when it was replaced). What do you guys think I should do with this one. Also whats a good place that's reasonably priced.

Search Youtube for scottykilmer P0420.
Maybe you are lucky and those ideas work for you.

???

p0420 can code as a result of other small problems. like mass air flow or intake air temp sensor, or small vaccume leak being slightly out of range, check your o2 sensor data the graph should stay slightly steady on the rear sensors (b1s2/b2s2) if it looks basicaly the same as the up stream o2sensors then chances are the cats or cat is bad also a good indicator is your fuel trim make sure its around +/- (4) hope this helps

Members online

Back