Owners Manual and some other stuff

monkey302

New LVC Member
Reaction score
This is a multi part post, because I couldn't find the answers when i browsed teh forums. Any help is appreciated, thank you all so much.

OK, so I just bought a 92 Mark VII LSC. I'm pretty pleased with it. Unfortunately it did not come with an owners manual. Is there any place to get an owners manual? Or preferably is ther an online copy anywhere?

If not, anybody happen to know how to work the trip computer and clock...It isn't set right and i'm having a hard time figuring it out.

Anybody know how to pull the inner door molding. The passenger lock isn't working and I'd like to see if I need a new lock solenoid or if the connection is bad.

On both seats teh lever taht keeps them locked back, is not working. The seatbacks rotate foreward just by pushing on them, any ideas why this is happening?

One more thing, the radio doens't work eitehr how do you pull the radio?

Thanks again so much, Take care all.

Last edited:
monkey302 said:
This is a multi part post, because I couldn't find the answers when i browsed teh forums. Any help is appreciated, thank you all so much.
You're welcome so much.
monkey302 said:
OK, so I just bought a 92 Mark VII LSC. I'm pretty pleased with it. Unfortunately it did not come with an owners manual. Is there any place to get an owners manual? Or preferably is ther an online copy anywhere?
Ebay. Item number 7948994679. Bidding is currently at US $26.04 Bidding ends Jan-26-05 12:13:25 PST
monkey302 said:
If not, anybody happen to know how to work the trip computer and clock...It isn't set right and i'm having a hard time figuring it out.
With the key in the run position, press the clock button to check the time if not already displayed. To set the clock:
1. Press the RESET button.
2. Press the CLOCK button. Only the hours will be displayed.
3. Press the SET button to advance to the correct hour for AM or PM indication.
4. Press the CLOCK button. Only the minutes will be displayed.
5. Press the SET button to advance to the correct minutes.
You can set the day, month, and date by using the CLOCK button. Use the SET button to advance the day, month, and date. When the time, day, month, and date are all set, press the CLOCK button once again.
For the rest you'll have to buy an owner's manual :)
monkey302 said:
Anybody know how to pull the inner door molding. The passenger lock isn't working and I'd like to see if I need a new lock solenoid or if the connection is bad.
Go to FORD and buy a dozen door molding push pins. The actual part name and number excape me but the parts counter ~should~ understand what you need when you tell them what the job is. The pins are made for single use but some people have successfully reused them. Your's are at least 13 years old. Beginning at the botom rearward corner of the door you want to repair, just grab the vinyl molding and separate it from your metal door. Once you see the first push pin and how it holds onto the slotted cardboard backing, you'll understand the rest. The top of the molding lifts UP, not OUT.
monkey302 said:
On both seats teh lever taht keeps them locked back, is not working. The seatbacks rotate foreward just by pushing on them, any ideas why this is happening?
Convenience and safety. The seats were designed by default to tilt forward for easy access to the rear seats. During hard breaking or a sudden jolt of the vehicle, the mechanical pendulum switch engauges the latch hence the need for the latch release. Any other actions would be considered a malfunction that needs to be repaired. BTW, your seat belts work almost the same way :cool:
monkey302 said:
One more thing, the radio doens't work eitehr how do you pull the radio?
Ford Radio Removal Tool Sets can be had at just about any auto parts store for around $6.99
monkey302 said:
Thanks again so much, Take care all.
You're welcome again so much :)

"...Anybody know how to pull the inner door molding. The passenger lock isn't working and I'd like to see if I need a new lock solenoid or if the connection is bad....."

I have a 88 MkVII but this might be useful.

Make a flat prybar from a piece of 1/8 or so steel.. about 1 inch wide and 6 inches long. Cut a square slot about 3/8 x 3/8 in the center of one end (or a V-shape slot). Make a bend, approximately 20 degrees, about 1 inch from the that end.This slot will slip onto the plastic button's shank and the bend will give leverage to pop it out. If you just pull on the panels the panel-holes for the buttons will likely tear. Panels on my car are cardboard.

My passenger door lock is also troublesome. The key works but it needs to be turned so hard i never risk it. A thorough examination and lube job didnt help at all.

joew said:
"...Anybody know how to pull the inner door molding. The passenger lock isn't working and I'd like to see if I need a new lock solenoid or if the connection is bad....."

I have a 88 MkVII but this might be useful.

Make a flat prybar from a piece of 1/8 or so steel.. about 1 inch wide and 6 inches long. Cut a square slot about 3/8 x 3/8 in the center of one end (or a V-shape slot). Make a bend, approximately 20 degrees, about 1 inch from the that end.This slot will slip onto the plastic button's shank and the bend will give leverage to pop it out. If you just pull on the panels the panel-holes for the buttons will likely tear. Panels on my car are cardboard.

My passenger door lock is also troublesome. The key works but it needs to be turned so hard i never risk it. A thorough examination and lube job didnt help at all.
De Ja Vu

I think I just read the same response (posted by another user) on another board but with a link to specific MAC tools for this job.

Ofcourse I won't come across the post again until Dude has actually completed the job :)

I still use the one i made about 10 years ago when I owned a early '80s Thunderbird .. that T-bird Body service manual was kind enough to describe this trim tool and there was even an illustration and instructions on how to make one.

I can't find it in the MarkVII manual. All it says is (Group 45-03-1)
"Using the Trim Pad Removing Tool from Rotunda Moulding/Trim Kit 107-00401 or equivalent, pry the......"

You do not need the tool to remove the radio. I have done it without. Just by taking out the whole trim. Which is easy only a few screws. Its just a little harder. . .

Ok how do I remove teh trim around teh radio then, I looked but couldn't locate any screws. thanks again for all the help

Click to enlarge.
On my 1990, the center vents have a section of trim above them >1/2" thick. Once this is removed, exposing hardware, the begining of the removal process begins.

Last edited:
Well I got the radio out, now if i could just figure out what was actually wrong with it. Thank you all for so much help.

You're welcome.

It a 14 year old radio Bro.

When it breaks, give it to people like me that want the 'esthetics' and throw a new $50.00 Sony in there.

Members online

No members online now.
Back