Overpriced By Only $4000

rule #1 never ask what you actually want to get...

rule #2 never pay what somebody is originally asking.

it a dance, they go high, I go low. when done, we meet in the middle.

Normally. I gave the girl that bought my LS $100 off even though her dad was willing to pay full boat. I felt throwing them a bone was the right thing to do given the negotiation process. That and the LS had only about 1/3 of a tank of gas...

Normally. I gave the girl that bought my LS $100 off even though her dad was willing to pay full boat. I felt throwing them a bone was the right thing to do given the negotiation process. That and the LS had only about 1/3 of a tank of gas...

Not to be bragging,but this LS was so nice I didn't even squawk on the price.I knew it was the way I'D want to be treated and so I paid the asking price. If Ida been hurting for cash,yeah,Ida tried getting it for less.But these people were fair and very nice. don-ohio :)^)

Flashing cash, large bills works ever time. The I don't really need it but would take it for ... works every time. Also important to understand how long they've been trying to get rid of it for. a two month ad boosting a car for sale with no takers, nearing Christmas, they get desperate and would take substantial lower then as posted. Also like the approach of leaving a number or email and instruct them to only call me when they figure they'll take below a certain amount. Never leave the seller with the upper hand, grind them down, throw in a peanut butter sandwich if you must, tell them your looking at a couple of others with lower mileage. They'll buckle if and when they get desperate. Be ready to pass.

...tell them your looking at a couple of others with lower mileage. They'll buckle if and when they get desperate. Be ready to pass.

When I traded in my '96 Cartier for my '04 Signature, this is the tactic I used. The dealer offered me $900 trade-in but after I mentioned that the 'dealer down the road' would give me $2700 and I was leaving to go see them, the trade-in jumped to $2450, after a little more negotiating. Of course, there was no 'dealer down the road' but I got what I wanted for the Cartier, which after having owned it for four years, was $550 less than what I paid. And I'd put 35k more miles om it.

And the $3000 I paid for the Cartier was 40% less than the asking price but it was cold & dark, it was a few days before Christmas and I had 30 $100 bills in my pocket.

Cash talks, Bull**** walks, Every time, all day long.

Get so much better service and deals when you inform them you won't be needing financing today, referring to what the now-new certified cheque price might be. Also the guy down the road for the same price was offering to throw in free oil changes for a year! ... and for that price it comes with a full tank of fuel, correct!

I like to toy with them here and there, telling them 10% is still more then 0, call me when you figure you can entertain my offer but understand I'm actively searching this week. There's always a Managers Special in a back room somewhere.

I've also used this: "I like your car better, but my wife wants to get the one down the street because it is $1K less. Can you drop yours by $1k and make this easy for me?" Of course this was with cash, and it probably only works that way.

Members online

No members online now.
Back