Overheating again! & replaced all plastic parts

That doesn't tell you nearly enough. The PCM controls fan speed. Is it able to do so? Start the engine cold with the AC off. Turn the AC on. The fan should noticeably speed up. With the engine really hot, the fan should sound abnormally loud. It could be failure of the actuator (not uncommon), which is not too expensive to fix.

The fan did not speed up. It was actually so slow that I was able to stop it with my hand with the engine running.

I hooked up my obd2 scanner today and the engine temp got up to 222, so I shut it off. The fan looks like it might be done ;/ going to do a search on that actuator and hopefully that's the problem.

I would not be sticking my hand in there with the engine on. Was the A/C on when you did this?

Keep in mind, I was moving so my temp was cooler. I don't think 235 is a problem. I would be concerned about boiling at 260 assuming 50/50 coolant and 15 psi. I also don't know what sensor you were reading; location matters.

He who plays with matches ...

FACT: the ladies do not like guys with missing fingers! (nor small footwear)

TRIVIA: Did you know, "Scotty" James Doohan from Star Trek lost his right middle finger on D-day when he was shot six times?

... now here's the best part, "Scotty" was not Scotish but rather Canadian
and it was another Canadian that shot at him those six times ... ;) ... the moral of it all ... :p

X
He who plays with matches ...

FACT: the ladies do not like guys with missing fingers! (nor small footwear)

TRIVIA: Did you know, "Scotty" James Doohan from Star Trek lost his right middle finger on D-day when he was shot six times?

... now here's the best part, "Scotty" was not Scotish but rather Canadian
and it was another Canadian that shot at him those six times ... ;) ... the moral of it all ... :p

And Kirk never said "Beam me up Scotty."

X

And Kirk never said "Beam me up Scotty."

You two are pretty funny. Wife giving me a crazy look while I laugh at the computer screen.

My fear of the fan was mitigated due to the fact that it was turning soooo slow. I plan on changing out that fan actuator when I get the chance. Hope that fixes the issue. Still haven't ordered it and waiting to get the 180$ to order it.

My point was it just may not have been cycling hydraulic fluid the moment you looked. Then the engine hits a certain temp and you're picking up fingers off the ground.

My point was it just may not have been cycling hydraulic fluid the moment you looked. Then the engine hits a certain temp and you're picking up fingers off the ground.
If Enrique's off his tour he could chime in maybe?

Members online

No members online now.
Back