over heating AC blows HOT!

lincoln00

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
ok so the lincoln over heated yesterday.. and i noticed a small leak on the passenger side up by the radiator.. so i figured it was a hose or something so i topped it of with plans to mess with it tomorrow... it started getting warm out side so i tried to use the AC and it just flows hot air!

what is the thing called that controls the hot and cold air for the claim it control... i want to say its a dccv or somthing like that... and also where is this thing located?????

Need HELP ASAP!!!!!!!!

It is called the DCCV. Oddly enough, it is located approximately where you say there is a leak. (It's on the right side of the radiator, about midway up.)

awesome do you know hwo much those cost? i probably need a new one... what does dccv stand for?

Check with Max for the cost. I think they are less than $200. Dual Coolant Control Valve.
http://deneau.info/ls/
Climate control system
general information and diagnostics
coolant control valve

For more detail.

Dual Climate Control Valve. Those seem to be a common issue on these cars. I think they're pretty pricey though. Somewhere in the $150 - $200 range IIRC.

ok so they leack causeing the ac to blow hot??? is that the symptom??????

No something inside them breaks. The valves control coolant flow to two heater cores inside the car. If they stick open then the coolant is always flowing and you just get hot air. If they stick closed then there is no coolant flow to the cores and you get no heat at all.

The leak probably caused your overheating problem. But the problem with the DCCV is most likely a separate issue.

but the ac stopped working as soon as the leak started.... ill look in to it.. the leak is coming from the same area as the DCCV

but the ac stopped working as soon as the leak started.... ill look in to it.. the leak is coming from the same area as the DCCV

One of the failure modes is for coolant to leak into the solenoid coils and short them out. It seems possible that the leak and the problem are more than coincidence.

One of the failure modes is for coolant to leak into the solenoid coils and short them out. It seems possible that the leak and the problem are more than coincidence.

Didn't know that but it would make perfect sense for this case.

When the DCCV stick open it delivers a full flow of hot coolant into one or both of the heater cores. The air coming into the car goes through the AC evaporator core AND the heater core before it comes out through the vents. So even if the AC works perfectly fine you still get only hot air because the AC system can't cool the air as fast as the heater can heat it.

so the leak could be the fail safe of the DCCV? I hope so... I dont want to replace a bunch of expensive. i would rather sale the car.... i already have one project going... (not really thats just how i feel)

Members online

Back