Over-heated LS ?

Alexbougie

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
today i was on the highway when my LS is Over-heated, few week ago i had made a check up on all my fluid every thing was okay, but today i resceive a message from my computer to check the engine temperature when the Check Engine light is turning on with the temp light on and after the computer is bipping to cut off the engine. I stopped my car and pupped the hood and the engine was cold ( i was on the highway 5 min after i leave my house ) i checked my prestone fluid and it was okay what the problem ?

today i was on the highway when my LS is Over-heated, few week ago i had made a check up on all my fluid every thing was okay, but today i resceive a message from my computer to check the engine temperature when the Check Engine light is turning on with the temp light on and after the computer is bipping to cut off the engine. I stopped my car and pupped the hood and the engine was cold ( i was on the highway 5 min after i leave my house ) i checked my prestone fluid and it was okay what the problem ?

could be a faulty thermostat. Mine when off like that once just cause the thermostat decided to be a douche for a day. Probably cause I was joy riding the day before in all the new Audis that just came out :-D

Keep seeing if it shows cause if it does try changing the thermostat which is very cheap and very easy :-D

Thank, that I thought but my radiator is not in perfect shape :( I think it was the OEM. I will change the Thermostat first and if that will stop my problem i will keep my old radiator

Cracked reseirvoir

I had a similar problem. Would get a warning that the engine was overheating it even though i had only been driving it 5 minutes.

Turned out to be a cracked Coolant Reseirvoir (the plastic coolant container). It had a crack and it would expand when the engine warmed up... and would allow air bubbles in. Took it to several places, then finally Midas figured it out with a pressure test for only $29.99.

Get a pressure test done. This has been a comon problem with many LS's here.

I had a similar problem. Would get a warning that the engine was overheating it even though i had only been driving it 5 minutes.

Turned out to be a cracked Coolant Reseirvoir (the plastic coolant container). It had a crack and it would expand when the engine warmed up... and would allow air bubbles in. Took it to several places, then finally Midas figured it out with a pressure test for only $29.99.

Get a pressure test done. This has been a comon problem with many LS's here.

My Reservoir cracked and the hoses were expanding but my 2000 never gave a single light for anything. I found out when my car was leaking hella fluid down a driveway incline

Reservoir

Mine had hair line cracks 01V6 and seeped slowly, allowing the pressure to change. Replaced it. New ones I think are $120!!! Mine was $160 years ago.

I've had the cracked coolant reservoir and most recently a bad fan. The car would overheat at low speeds, was fine on the highway. The fan was not spinning on high when at idle or at low speeds, so not enough air movement. replaced fan and its all fine again.

My fan Spin i Think i have a leak of presure in my prestone line today i will check my coolant reservoir to check if it is cracked. that Normal if all piping of coolant are soft if they are empty, i think I can do this is because i have a leak .

My fan Spin i Think i have a leak of presure in my prestone line today i will check my coolant reservoir to check if it is cracked. that Normal if all piping of coolant are soft if they are empty, i think I can do this is because i have a leak .

Huh?

Dude_wait.jpg

I just had the same problem with my reservoir tank today. i parked my car in the driveway and behold niagrafreeze falls. as i looked under the hood the leak appeared to be coming from reservoir tank.

another way to help find pesky coolant leaks is to use a coolant leak detection die. you add it to the coolant and then you can use a UV light to detect where the leak is coming from.

Members online

No members online now.
Back