Over All Is The 4.6 Aviator Engine Better Than A 4.6 cobra

CobraAviator

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I Have A 4.6 Cobra Swap In My 2004 Aviator But From What ive Been Hearing Is That The Stock 4.6 Aviator engine Is Stronger. What Do You Guys Think? 4.6 Aviator Engine Or A 4.6 Cobra Engine

Im not real sure on Aviator. But my buddy has an Explorer with the 4.6 and recently blew a head. He bought one out of a mustang. Got to reading and the explorer block was better. Its all aluminum vs the iron in the mustang. And i believe made a lil more tq for pulling.

4.6 L engines

There are many versions and HP ratings of the 4.6 engine. The Aviator has the 4 valve DOHC version at 302 HP Mustangs had 2 valve and 3 valve SOHC, as well as the 4 valve DOHC engines. HP ranged from 215 to 390. The Explorer had 2 and 3 valve SOHC engines from 239 to 292 HP. All the engines came in aluminum and cast iron blocks and heads. Be VERY careful swapping parts.

(just found all this info on wikipedia - Ford Modular engine )

There are many versions and HP ratings of the 4.6 engine. The Aviator has the 4 valve DOHC version at 302 HP Mustangs had 2 valve and 3 valve SOHC, as well as the 4 valve DOHC engines. HP ranged from 215 to 390. The Explorer had 2 and 3 valve SOHC engines from 239 to 292 HP. All the engines came in aluminum and cast iron blocks and heads. Be VERY careful swapping parts.

(just found all this info on wikipedia - Ford Modular engine )

Yeahhh Thats Preety Much What I Heard Of These Engines , Do You Guys Think An Eaton Supercharger From A Svt Cobra Will Bolt Right On Into My Aviator ?

Bolt right on may be an overstatement, but there is no reason why it wouldn't work. What year cobra engine do you have?

Members online

Back