Oval Dynomax Ultra-flo's

Pete02LSE

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Alright folks...I've been looking for a good deal on some quality mufflers and finally I found it. The May-June Summit racing catalog has $50 off welded Dynomax Ultra-flo mufflers. So...after rebates, I'll end up paying $19.88 per muffler. Too good of a deal to pass up.

For those that don't know...the construction of these mufflers is very similar to the Magnaflow mufflers. I did not opt for the stainless steel ultra-flos (which were $75 off) because I'm not going full stainless on the car...so...why just put stainless mufflers on it? Anyway...it is a straight through design that is reversible...just like the Magnaflow. The only key difference that I can find is...the Magnaflow uses a steel mesh packing and the Dynomax uses fiberglass.

I figure from the cats-back...I'll have an x-pipe installed then 2.5" pipes to the mufflers then into the mufflers and out through a pair of Magnaflow dual dual tips (which incidently will probably cost me as much as the mufflers).

I should have the mufflers in 3-4 business days. Maybe they'll be installed this weekend...just depends on timing.

I'll let everyone know what they sound like and try to get a sound clip. Then...we'll re-dyno and see what happens. Oh...the part number is WLK-17219

-Pete
02LSE

Pete02LSE said:
For those that don't know...the construction of these mufflers is very similar to the Magnaflow mufflers. I did not opt for the stainless steel ultra-flos (which were $75 off) because I'm not going full stainless on the car...so...why just put stainless mufflers on it?

I'd be interested to hear how it sounds. I have 2 of the stainless version in my garage right now that I pulled off my Mustang. They had too much of a pop sound upon hard accel. Sounded like an old Chevy pickup truck, which is not what I was after. I was running an h-pipe with no cats. I know it will sound completely different on the LS, but if I like it, at least I already have them. :)

They do have a break-in period where they get louder.

Members online

Back