Our '77 Town Car's first Concours

barry2952

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Later this summer the '77 Town Car will be in it's first Concours as it's now 35 years old.

I had new tires put on it yesterday as I no longer trusted the original Michelin X tires. The car is being picked up today to be taken to a friend's fledgling shop where he will take it from near-perfect to perfect.

At 35 years old it's really in remarkable shape with the only rust from the crown molding clips creeping out from under the trim. The gas gauge has ceased to function as has the electric antenna. He'll fix both all those items, returning it to its former glory.

He'll deliver the car right to the show, prepped for showing. I'll just have to drive it onto the show field. I've invited the widow of the guy that owned it to ride with us in the Pass in Review, and be introduced to the crowd. One of our features this year are cars that belong to original owners. Should fit right in.

IMG_0673.jpg

The two guys that put tires on it were younger than the car and had never worked on one with fender skirts.

IMG_0671.jpg

as usal nice ride and best to you and the lady hope she is doing better. catch you later. jd

Now that’s a land yacht, with a living room size back seat.

Sweet

I recall working at a ford lincoln dealer about that time.

Members online

Back