Ouch!

RDW

LVC Member
Reaction score
Just checked the re-sale value on my "fully loaded" 04 Navigator Ultimate, and it's only 3,800 miles on it.

:slam

RDW said:
Just checked the re-sale value on my "fully loaded" 04 Navigator Ultimate, and it's only 3,800 miles on it.
You should check it after it leaves the dealer's driveway.
icon9.gif

Probably not as low as the guy that hopped into his brand new Town Car and promptly pulled out of the driveway without looking and in his excitement got t-boned. The car had 30 feet on it and was worthless. I must admit that the guys (us salesman) had a pretty good laugh after finding no one was hurt.

Had a 400 lb guy that liked to drink 4 - 2 liter bottles of Dew a day have a massive heart attack and fell thru the front picture window of the dealership. I can say that 12 foot tall panes of glass shatter a heck of a long way.

RDW said:

:slam

Real simple - Buy Used -

I am very happy with the price I paid for my 95 Lincoln Mark VIII... Runs great, has some repairs from time to time but it's not loosing value and I don't have ungodly payments.

In a few years I might even buy an LS.... They are to expensive yet....

Due to a relationship with the actual "Dealer" I got a Net deal. I got the "real" invoice price, the hold back, the advertising allowance, the dealer incentive, and what other profit was there. This was a no-profit deal for the dealer.

Stickered for a little over 68K - I drove it off the lot for $53,600, and I'm still upside down.

RDW said:
Due to a relationship with the actual "Dealer" I got a Net deal. I got the "real" invoice price, the hold back, the advertising allowance, the dealer incentive, and what other profit was there. This was a no-profit deal for the dealer.

Stickered for a little over 68K - I drove it off the lot for $53,600, and I'm still upside down.
How on earth can you get a sticker for $68k?

You must mean dealer option and or markup. My '04 monochrome utltimate with everything except retracting running boards and entertainment system was $61k and change MSRP. Even an '06 completely loaded is only $62100. Including the all the options.

The only "sticker price" that matters is the MSRP. Dealer add ons are not a starting point for negotiations.

And for all those people that say they bought used and saved a ton, I think that's great, but remember, without people like us buying new, where would that used car come from?

For 2005 the limited edition monotone package any every other option was right at $65,000.00 here in Ohio. They dropped the prices for 2006, and added a discount for the elite option. Now the identical vehicle is right under $62,000.00.

Grey Navi said:
How on earth can you get a sticker for $68k?

All options - including Navigation/THX/DVD system, 22" Wheels, retractable running boards & Sirius radio.

rims

looks like the difference from the 62k to the 68k was the 22in rims..the dealership rips you off for aftermarket rims...i'd buy from a local dealer..they mark them up so much...and usually the aren't any good name brands at all

Members online

No members online now.
Back