Other hobbies?

ONEBADMK8

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
One of mine is scale auto modeling.

I used to build as a kid from 1975-1987 then just got back into it about a year ago.

Since then we started an online Modeling forum and we are doing a project car for the site.

I figured I'd share it with you Guy's.
Pretty sweet car.

This is "Altered State" a 1932 Fuel Altered project kit that is owned and started by Scale Auto Forums member Chris Svihla (CBone).

alteredstate.jpg

Heres the kit inventory just so you can see how many parts are going to be united into one crazy project Kit.

cluster.jpg

This kit started out life as a Revell 32' Ford 3-Window Coupe in 1/25 scale.

box.jpg

We first assembled the engine which the long block was borrowed from the Revell dick Landy 69 Charger.

Heres the engine shot as of yesterday. The 6-71 blower and hilborn injector as well as the scoop, bearing retainer plate and the blower drive was borrowed from an original 1976 MPC "57 Corvette Gasser. The Zoomie top fuel dragster headers came from a Revell Tony Schumacher dragster kit.

32f.jpg

Next we started the suspension and chassis.
The front wheels were borrowed from the Revell re-issue of the Tony Nancy 22R Dragster.

32g.jpg

The rear slicks are from an original MPC "Mummy Machine" kit and the Halibrand Dragmaster wheels came from the Revell Tony Nancy 22 JR Roadster for the ultimate Nostalgia look.

32c.jpg

the chassis itself (so far) only required a minimum amount of shaving to fit the huge Chrysler Hemi and a mild reworking of the factory motor mounts.

32h.jpg

We just painted this yesterday.

We did it in a basecoat Testors metallic copper then Testors transparent red for two coats and a top coat of Boyds Forida Roadstar orange pearl with Testors enamel clear.

as1.jpg

as2.jpg

Im not sure if we are keeping this color, what do you think?

Pictures do it no justice, you just cannot imagine the amount of metallic in this finish.

We also final fitted the engine and installed a "Moon" tank in the front from the Tony Nancy Dragster..

Well it's been a while since we have had time to work on "Altered State" lately due to work commitments.

Well we are back in action once again.
This weeks installment consists of partial interior and engine work.

We kept the interior simple with just a Simpson harness, butterfly steering wheel and a handbrake from a top fuel kit.

Still to come will be some guages and a cage.

32j.jpg

We wired the engine with a Parts By Parks distributor in black, completely final fitted the engine with a slight arc. Good shot of the disc brakes too.

32k.jpg

Here you can really see the metal flake and the awesome arc of the engine.

32l.jpg

We also added some mild flames.
We originally werent going toput anything on it, but after careful test fits of all the flames that came with this kit we decided on these.
Not too bad.

32m.jpg

32n.jpg

32o.jpg

Heres the latest on "Altered State"

Chris installed the fuel pump, fuel lines and wheelie bars as well as final detailing on portions of the undercarriage and what not.

She is almost done, stay tuned.

32p.jpg

32q.jpg

32r.jpg

32s.jpg

32t.jpg

Bro you guys put more care into that model than most real t-bucket builders i know. Excellent Work!!!!

You guys going to builder a real one to go with the model???

I also enjoy model railroading and piano.

Big joe

See the modelers board link in the "links" section those guys are incredible at what they do.

my hobbies are basicly cars and boats. Since i dont have a car right now then its mostly boats. Im workin on a 91 glastron that my brother has and were setting it up for racing

ralph said:
my hobbies are basicly cars and boats. Since i dont have a car right now then its mostly boats. Im workin on a 91 glastron that my brother has and were setting it up for racing

Any pics? That I would like to see.

That model is impressive. I'm sure one day I'll get into that hobby since it interests me. I'm one of those guys that picks up a new hobby about every 1 to 2 years. Through the years I've had obsessive periods with fishing, hunting, war games, video games, astronomy, tennis, golf, and weight lifting. I've been playing the guitar (just rhythm) for about 3 years now, and I've been in karate for a few months. I still work out, but not as fanatical about it as I used to be (shoulder and elbow injuries will do that to you). And I still deer hunt a few days a year, and I play golf every once in a while.

Yeah, I pick up a new hobby ever year or two myself. Vicky, Donna, Sheila, Michelle......Etc Etc

:N

Joeychgo said:
Yeah, I pick up a new hobby ever year or two myself. Vicky, Donna, Sheila, Michelle......Etc Etc

:N

HHMMM, that hobby sounds interesting as well. Too bad I can't pick that one up without getting into trouble from the wife. (I need one of those smilies that looks dead right here.)

That hobby gets expensive. Especially the Michelle, "jesus woman you want to go there again" !!!!!

Kbob said:
HHMMM, that hobby sounds interesting as well. Too bad I can't pick that one up without getting into trouble from the wife. (I need one of those smilies that looks dead right here.)

My thoughts exactly!!! Anyhow I build RC Boats in my spare time what little time that is. I also like to street race when I get the time and can afford to put the money in the car for the parts that break. LOL :)

Saltwater Reef tank, Water gardening, Hydroponic gardening ( NO WEED )

I dont do it anymore, but I was big in raising discus and angels for a number of years...........

and what else is there to garden hydroponically? :N

Nysbadmk8 said:
Saltwater Reef tank, Water gardening, Hydroponic gardening ( NO WEED )

Hydroponic gardening ( LOTSA WEED WHEN REQUIRED :) )

Racing Snowmobiles (on ice, grass, snow, asphalt..it doesn't matter)

Racing Motorcycles (on ice, grass, snow, asphalt..it doesn't matter)

ONEBADMK8 said:
Any pics? That I would like to see.

I have some pics but i need to find them. So far all thats been done is a new prop but we tore that up the first day out this year when we hit a cinder block or somthing in the lake. Some people think its hard to find performance parts for a lincoln you should try finding them for a boat.

I'll post the pics in the members garage as soon as i find them.

Members online

Back