OT: Home Insurance Claims Adjuster question

mharrison

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hopefully there are some adjusters in the club that can help with this.

I suffered wind damage during Katrina. I am missing several shingles around the chimney as well as several single shingles missing here and there. I may or may not have additional roof damage that I don't know to look for.

What else should I look for as far as shingle damage from wind? I don't want to make a claim only to discover that yes, 6 shingles need to be replaced and no, obviously this isn't over my deductible.

My roof is fairly old. (It looked old with a repair or two when I moved in 7 years ago.) Some shingles look buckled, some look curled, most appear to be in bad shape.

So, how should I handle this? I have no insurance claims on my home or auto which I've had for years, so I am inexperienced as well as not wanting a claim that does me no good.

mharrison said:
Hopefully there are some adjusters in the club that can help with this.

I suffered wind damage during Katrina. I am missing several shingles around the chimney as well as several single shingles missing here and there. I may or may not have additional roof damage that I don't know to look for.

What else should I look for as far as shingle damage from wind? I don't want to make a claim only to discover that yes, 6 shingles need to be replaced and no, obviously this isn't over my deductible.

My roof is fairly old. (It looked old with a repair or two when I moved in 7 years ago.) Some shingles look buckled, some look curled, most appear to be in bad shape.

So, how should I handle this? I have no insurance claims on my home or auto which I've had for years, so I am inexperienced as well as not wanting a claim that does me no good.

I am not an adjuster but have had experience in getting roof replaced by insurance. My roof has been replaced twice after storm damage. The last time I did not realize it was damaged until someone experienced noticed the pings from hail that damaged it.

You can get a roofing contractor to give you a free estimate of the damage. Your insurance should not go up because of the claim but will probably go up anyway because of where you live.

Members online

No members online now.
Back