OT: Home Insurance Claims Adjuster question

mharrison

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hopefully there are some adjusters in the club that can help with this.

I suffered wind damage during Katrina. I am missing several shingles around the chimney as well as several single shingles missing here and there. I may or may not have additional roof damage that I don't know to look for.

What else should I look for as far as shingle damage from wind? I don't want to make a claim only to discover that yes, 6 shingles need to be replaced and no, obviously this isn't over my deductible.

My roof is fairly old. (It looked old with a repair or two when I moved in 7 years ago.) Some shingles look buckled, some look curled, most appear to be in bad shape.

So, how should I handle this? I have no insurance claims on my home or auto which I've had for years, so I am inexperienced as well as not wanting a claim that does me no good.

mharrison said:
Hopefully there are some adjusters in the club that can help with this.

I suffered wind damage during Katrina. I am missing several shingles around the chimney as well as several single shingles missing here and there. I may or may not have additional roof damage that I don't know to look for.

What else should I look for as far as shingle damage from wind? I don't want to make a claim only to discover that yes, 6 shingles need to be replaced and no, obviously this isn't over my deductible.

My roof is fairly old. (It looked old with a repair or two when I moved in 7 years ago.) Some shingles look buckled, some look curled, most appear to be in bad shape.

So, how should I handle this? I have no insurance claims on my home or auto which I've had for years, so I am inexperienced as well as not wanting a claim that does me no good.

I am not an adjuster but have had experience in getting roof replaced by insurance. My roof has been replaced twice after storm damage. The last time I did not realize it was damaged until someone experienced noticed the pings from hail that damaged it.

You can get a roofing contractor to give you a free estimate of the damage. Your insurance should not go up because of the claim but will probably go up anyway because of where you live.

Members online

Back