Ordered cooling plastic part.Will have it in stock,just in case.

don-ohio

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah,just in case my 03-v8's plastic part that you bolt the thermostat housing onto EVER goes bad,I ordered an original FoMoCo off Ebay for 42 bucks plus 10 shipping. Seemed like a good price and who knows if these parts will be scarce 5 years from now?
I'll probably store it and a spare thermostat housing and thermostat in the spare tire area. On a long trip they might come in handy? Anyway,I'll have them. Gotta hit the sack now. don-ohio :)^)

you've told us time and time again how you will never have pipes explode, yet you buy all of those pipes just in case never ever happens? seems logical.

On the cooling parts for the 2nd gen, has anybody else used the Dorman brand assembly? I've only heard about the Dorman degas bottle that's bad. Last fall when I changed my cooling system parts I installed the Dorman assembly and all has been good. I've purchased the Motorcraft parts just in case if those fail. But... knock on wood, so far so good for over 10,000 miles! And the price is a lot nicer. I think I got mine on Amazon for $80 which included a thermostat and cap. Anybody?

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=5790486&cc=1426137&jsn=10

On the cooling parts for the 2nd gen, has anybody else used the Dorman brand assembly? ...

Yes, at least a couple of other members have. One said he would tell us if there were any problems, and hasn't reported anything yet. The other realized after a bit that he really was overheating even though the gauge didn't go past the half way mark (his fan was often going to high speed). He replaced the Dorman assembly with OEM parts and the problem went away.

Oh, alright. My fan used to run at full speed before I changed those parts, but ever since not a peep. I've checked the temperature, it's not overheating. But it is also very cold out as well.

When I hear a LOT about the pipes actually DETERIORATING(even though I believe pressure is the main culprit), I think it's a good thing to have fresh plastic in stock. It's called being prepared for the worst,even if you don't think you'll ever need it. That's why when I go into the woods for a walk,I carry protection,Loud.
It's why I keep the OLD fan belt n the trunk when I buy a new one.
When Ford discontinues these parts,what are they gonna cost on Ebay? Or other sites? I got that piece for 52 bucks total,a Ford part.
I would think IF you plan on keeping a car,and all the people say that the plastic is a weakness,you SHOULD be prepared. don-ohio :)^)
you've told us time and time again how you will never have pipes explode, yet you buy all of those pipes just in case never ever happens? seems logical.

Members online

Back