Opinions on this LS

natevines

LVC Member
Reaction score
I totaled my old '02 V8, so I was looking into upgrading to a 2nd gen, but I think I may settle for this:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/car/310358372.html

Seems like an excellent price, car seems beautiful. But just wondering: Is this an LSE? It has that body kit and chrome exhaust which I know is not offered in the V8 or V8 sport...
Is that all aftermarket work?

hmm

Looks like it has side skirts and rear valence on the bumper from an lse. You should ask. 9K is a good price.
Btw I havent posted in almost a year, but decided to buy in may 07 instead of summer 06. I am dead set on an 03+ LS V8. I will be extremely active in these forums after I get it.
I test drove an 04 LS V8, and i was hooked. The engine growl when floored, the pick up and go, and the comfort. I would advise on getting an 03 since they have more hp and better mpg. The v8 I tested said 18 mpg avg, after I drove around for 5 minutes. I think the interior is higher quality in 03+. I sat in many gen Is and gen II's. One of my favorite combinations is an 03+ with the big multi spoke chromes, silver w/black leather. It looks clean and sexy. I also like the interior that has the satin aluminum trim instead of wood and light gray plastics and tan seats. Has a "chilled out" type of feel, for a lack of better words.
does anyone here have this interior? I want to know if it gets dirty.

22.jpg

Last edited:
Seems realllllly shady, I would think they'd sell it for around 14k.

Its not advertised as a LSE, its not a LSE. It dont look bad for the cash, but I wouldnt buy it without warranty. Unless everyone has a monitor bigger than mine Id say thats not painted wood either Id say, to me it looks like stainless trim or a wannabe stainless trim but the valances are painted and I can see the front wont hold well.

BKexpress, my friend has a LS with that Interior and it gets filthy fast!

Rear bumber is a sport model bumper. Front looks like a non-sport bumper with the chrome and side marker painted.

Thanks guys. I'm gonna run a carfax on this and see what comes up, and I'll also be seeing it in person by the end of the week. Still, it'll take a lot to deter me from this. I've wanted an LS like this for a while!
One more thing: Does that speaker shown by the passenger seat indicate an Alpine system, or an aftermarket system? I know that my old LS with the stock, non-alpine system didn't have that. If it is indeed an Alpine system, does it definitely have an indash 6-CD changer? That would be a big turn-off to me if it didn't.

Front looks like a non-sport bumper with the chrome and side marker painted.

just got that. i'm not sure if its a sport model bumper or non sport. kinda looks like a sport and then they filled in the side marker. since the images can't be expanded its hard to tell.

Looks like it has side skirts and rear valence on the bumper from an lse. You should ask. 9K is a good price.
Btw I havent posted in almost a year, but decided to buy in may 07 instead of summer 06. I am dead set on an 03+ LS V8. I will be extremely active in these forums after I get it.
I test drove an 04 LS V8, and i was hooked. The engine growl when floored, the pick up and go, and the comfort. I would advise on getting an 03 since they have more hp and better mpg. The v8 I tested said 18 mpg avg, after I drove around for 5 minutes. I think the interior is higher quality in 03+. I sat in many gen Is and gen II's. One of my favorite combinations is an 03+ with the big multi spoke chromes, silver w/black leather. It looks clean and sexy. I also like the interior that has the satin aluminum trim instead of wood and light gray plastics and tan seats. Has a "chilled out" type of feel, for a lack of better words.

Yeah, my 05 LS v6 base model has it. Ima get the wood grain kit, and the OEM floor mats soon. i kinda wanna keep my LS factory looking. Im looking for the front and rear bumper with the chrome strips. any help?

Yes, I have it on my 05 LS V6 Base Model. I don't have the silver finish on my dash strips, mine is shiny black. Tan interior, same leather seats. No SST though, just a regular Auto-T. It's easy to keep clean with some resolve and a vacuum. Ima get the OEM woodgrain kit, and the OEM floor mats soon. Im tryna keep mine factory looking all the way. Even the stereo system. I wish I woulda got one with a sunroof though.

IF ANYONE CAN HELP IM LOOKING FOR F. BUMPER, R. BUMPER WITH CHROME STRIPS!

This car is all chopped upit has a sport rear bumper with a painted vallance cut to fit that big tip, it has a non sport front bumper with painted chrome, follow between the headlights low beam reflector and the turn signal lens down to the bumper. you will se a crease where the chrome would stop and meet the bumper lense.

The factory black side valance is painted, it has a newer model center console.

I think this car was at one point in a accident and the owner took it to a bad body shop or did this all himself.

Eliot is only half right. While it does have painted valences. It's a sport all the way through The front end does not look painted. That crease is actually the start of a filled in or painted side markers.

Ask for the VIN number and get a carfax for it..

did the sport package even get made in 02? how about this did some sport packages come with the hideous wing on the trunk? i thought that was only some LSE's. LS's equipped with the sport package came stock with 17 inch alloys and then there was an option for the same rims in chrome for an extra charge unless that was something about 2002 where they included the chrome at no extra charge... its clear that they filled in the bumper turn signals. in conclusion it looks like that is a 2002 with sport package owned by someone that was going to do modifications but ended up in the beginning stage of modify to sell it...anyone noticed the chrome door pillar post?

Nick, Im not sure but it looks like if you follow it right you can see that its not an indentation ( where the chrome would not be on a sport) but actually seems like there is something there.

Eastcoast, I noticed the pillars to, you may be right but I wouldnt go with out thinking the posability of it beeing recked.

Members online

No members online now.
Back