opinions on an 06 i found for sale, please

Steven Snell

LVC Member
Reaction score
i found an 06 ls for sale near me. 35k miles, seems like it's fairly well equipped (the only thing i have so far been able to tell it is definitely missing is navigation- and i believe i've heard there were audio upgrade options available which i have a feeling it might also be lacking). from what i've seen it seems to be very clean and runs well, although i do not yet know anything about its history.

i haven't been able to find many for sale with similar specs to compare this to (most of the 06s i have seen listed seem to already have over 100k miles and priced around $8k). based on that limited knowledge (and i figure to simplify things, let's just assume it's had no accidents or issues), would anyone feel comfortable estimating a fair price?

actually now i remember that i did recently see another 06 on ebay with if i remember correctly only about 33k miles but that fellow was asking about $16k which seemed very over-priced.

These cars seem to be affected by age more than mileage and if anything a car that isn't worked will mechanically degrade faster than one that is driven and maintained correctly.

In other words I wouldn't get hung up on mileage, find something in nice shape around 100k with the options you want for a decent price.

give us the link of the car and if it has the vin we can check it out for you

i actually don't have a link. a friend happened to see it in person and mentioned it to me. vin is 1LNFM87A06Y611101. thanks.

i found an 06 ls for sale near me. 35k miles, seems like it's fairly well equipped (the only thing i have so far been able to tell it is definitely missing is navigation- and i believe i've heard there were audio upgrade options available which i have a feeling it might also be lacking). ...

It's pretty basic for an 06. That's the low end audio. It's also missing AdvanceTrac (a must have for me), adjustable memory pedals, side curtain air bags, rear park assist, and so on.

It's pretty basic for an 06. That's the low end audio. It's also missing AdvanceTrac (a must have for me), adjustable memory pedals, side curtain air bags, rear park assist, and so on.

i never would have guessed LSs would come without advancetrac. other than that and the audio system, i'm not so sure i care too much about those other options you mentioned though.

i never would have guessed LSs would come without advancetrac. other than that and the audio system, i'm not so sure i care too much about those other options you mentioned though.

My wife's '06 has almost everything BUT Advancetrac.

I would still pass..... That's a LOT of money for the very basic '06.

My wife's '06 has almost everything BUT Advancetrac.

I would still pass..... That's a LOT of money for the very basic '06.

yeah? what do you think would be a fair price considering? like i mentioned, a lot of those features aren't really too important to me and it seems to be getting difficult to find these for sale in good shape and with low mileage.

In other words I wouldn't get hung up on mileage, find something in nice shape around 100k with the options you want for a decent price.

i partly agree with you on that but i also think if i can find a lower mileage car that also seems to have been cared for for a little more money, i'd rather have that.

I don't think the price is that far off. If you got it for 9-9.5k IMO it's a fair deal.

How much does the car bluebook for? If you buy it, and wreck it on the way home, that's how much you will get. Low miles is usually about a 500 dollar premium over a car with average miles for age.

Kbb is 14400 - dealer
12100- private party
Kbb trade in- 10,100

Nada guide -13987
Nada clean trade in- 11,000

So I mean I know those prices don't reflect what they actually seem to go for these days. But again if your out the door cost is under 10k and its equipt how you want it to be to me it's a good price

Kbb is 14400 - dealer
12100- private party
Kbb trade in- 10,100

Nada guide -13987
Nada clean trade in- 11,000

So I mean I know those prices don't reflect what they actually seem to go for these days. But again if your out the door cost is under 10k and its equipt how you want it to be to me it's a good price

KBB numbers for my Zip.....

Excellent
$9,625

Very Good
$9,475

Good
$9,050

Fair
$8,100

As it's a basic of basic model I would pay somewhere between the "good" and "fair" price.

^^^ that's crazy how different the numbers are from my zip to yours.. And are we looking at the same car? It is pretty basic, but it does have chrome wheels, moonroof, and heated/cooled seats and hid headlights. Which are all add ons.

^^^ that's crazy how different the numbers are from my zip to yours.. And are we looking at the same car? It is pretty basic, but it does have chrome wheels, moonroof, and heated/cooled seats and hid headlights. Which are all add ons.

Didn't see that. Here are the updated numbers:

Excellent
$10,150

Very Good
$10,000

Good
$9,575

Fair
$8,625

I don't think I'd pay more much more than ~$9350.

can anybody help me make sense of the carfax report on this car? the dealer selling it has it available to view for free on carfax's site. the owner history has me a little confused.

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/Report.cfx?inventoryId=265367790&consumerZip=07753&source=CFX

owner #1 seems to me like it's the original dealer (do they really show up as being an owner though?). owner #2 only had it for 5 months and got rid of it? owner #5 is the dealer selling it now.

seems a little suspicious, no?

I got a 06 with every option except nav and I got it for 10.5k and the car had 32k miles on it. I got it from Albany NY.

I SAY offer him 11k but get the warrenty from Lincoln my dccv and heated seats went 3 months after I got it but I had warrenty.

haha it seems the dealer raised the price in that ad. previously it said $10.5. if i did make an offer i was thinking more around $9.3.

but now i'm a little concerned about it after seeing the carfax report.

Members online

No members online now.
Back