Opinions and answers needed

00greenls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello all! I have 2000 ls 3.9l and i just did custom exhaust all mandrel bent 2,25 inch and added an hpipe up front with cherry bomb extreme mufflers(2.5 inch)out back with 2.5 inch bent or turn down tips. I need opinions on whether or not to leave tips bent downward or have them go straight out of bottom of bumper?
I mainly want sound and for it to be a little more deeper,which tips do you think will work or sound better or should i just leave it alone as is?
Also will the positioning of the h-pipe in the exhaust change the power band of our engines? I have mine pretty much near the very front where stock extension pipes connect. The h-pipe length in middle is very short due to clearance as all of you would know. The car seems more powerful but it also kind of feels like it lost its power down low kind of,but not sure....you know seat of the pants feel. The car is now quite audible and sounds aggressive but not obnoxious. There is drone sometimes between 1500 to 2000 rpms but not teeth rattling bad. You floor it and it screams very loudly and all in all sounds alot like a mustang...so people have told me that have heard me,lol!
I just ordered the lskoncepts stainless cai with the kkm rev charger.
Will this also change the sound and aggressiveness too,as well as the power?
Not to be off topic i just oredered a bunch of stuff from chemicalguys.com
And my car should glow in the dark when i'm done with what i ordered.
Thanks guys and sorry for long winded post and questions. ps-car has no resonators!

you won't get much of a change in my opinion with tips unless they include a resonator. But I could be wrong......

Tips coming out the back will make the sound more noticeable but wont change the note. Ones with resonators will make the sound a bit deeper and less raspy.

IMO tips are tips. Of course some brands are total garbage and Im sure you can pick those out quick but for the most part just pick up a set of stainless steel to your liking and IMO if you want that deeper tone get ones with resonators.

I would also make the cut outs in your bumper or they bend down slightly and dont look as clean and natural. And if you do get them to point straight out they look funny being under the bumper and all.

00greenls:
yep you are going to love the cai..it finally will let you hear the motor roar

Tips coming out the back will make the sound more noticeable but wont change the note. Ones with resonators will make the sound a bit deeper and less raspy.

IMO tips are tips. Of course some brands are total garbage and Im sure you can pick those out quick but for the most part just pick up a set of stainless steel to your liking and IMO if you want that deeper tone get ones with resonators.

I would also make the cut outs in your bumper or they bend down slightly and dont look as clean and natural. And if you do get them to point straight out they look funny being under the bumper and all.

+1

Its not a cold air intake. If anything it pulls in more hot air at times. It is just less restrictive but works wonders.

Thanks guys for the replies and advice. I only asked this question cause i used to own several mustangs and i know that the gt's tail pipes went downwards and the lx v-8's went straight outward and the sound between the 2 is different and noticeable. Just wondering if i'll hear it more with tips going straight out or will it be nicer sounding with tips bent down? I love how car sounds but the tips come out beyond the bumper bent downwards and they don't look too attractive like that LOL! It also looks like previous owner trimmed out bumper even though it still had stock/factory exhaust still on it when i bought the car.

1. It wont sound different at all. It will just be more quiet and less noticeable by a bit cause they are now pointing at the ground rather than straight out. Sound will travel and hit the ground and go dead. Pointing straight out the back the sound has more room to travel.

2. If it has the cut outs do the tips! Its only natural man:D

I did my cut outs for tips but I still gotta get around to adjusting my exhaust so the tips fit perfectly so the tips aren't on and it dont look so hot.

Members online

No members online now.
Back