opinion

The 03 STS seems like a good car, high milage but if it has been taken care of, regular oil changes and such, should be ok, its newer than your current ride, but that 98 continetal looks good as well and has less miles hmmmmm......

The Conti for sure - best deal dollar wise and mileage wise and it is still a Lincoln.

Goin to look at the conti now, is their anyway for me to test the rear bags, I know from the mark, which mine was already converted, they can go bad real fast... Thats honestly the ONLY thing im worried about, as I know the engines on these cars are bulletproof... I know if i see it sitting low on the bags thats bad, but im looking for some actual kind of test

The switch in the trunk that turns it on and off.I believe you can turn it off, wait a sec.,it should drop a little, and then turn it back on and turn the key in the ignition.You should hear the air suspension when you turn the key in the ignition,as it adjust to the inclines the car was parked on.Depends on your personal preference and your budget.

What was junk about the Continental?

Interior was crap, sunroof was aftermarket didnt work, possible leaks

Doubt it was Aftermarket, but if so, what a waste of money. When you say interior was crap, do you mean condition or design?

From my experience of running my 1997 car: Start the car, the air compresor should run maximum of 90 seconds. It should blip on as people get in and seat and the trunk is loaded, but only briefly. Should not hear the air compressor run until you change the load in the car while running or park on a different angle, or you restart the car. I visually inspect my air bags and they look clean and smooth - no cracks.

From the pics the carpet looked dirty, but that will wash out. Seats torn/burnt? Door arm rests split? What?

I'm no expert on either car, but I do like both. I know you've already ruled out the Lincoln, but I know I've seen alot of those around here with bad transmissions, and some with moderately low mileage (around 100k). Granted, these seem to be the 95-97 models, and I know they're restyled the car for 98, so they MIGHT have made some upgrades to the trans then too, but IDK. As for the STS, I've seen alot of the older Northstars (up to the late-90's) with head gasket issues (and head gaskets on those are a pain- from what I understand, most people just replace the whole engine when this happens). Again, not sure if that's something that was fixed by 2003, but just thought I'd give a heads up.

Members online

No members online now.
Back