opinion on these

First of all these wheels belong on a Toyota celica in the hood NOT an LS. Secondly, with a +38 offset you sure to have several thousand $$$ in suspension work over the coming years. And thirdly, the comfortable yet tight ride of the LS will suffer.

The price is good, but I think that 7.5 in narrow for the LS, it would be better to go with some 18x8 rims, if you really want to go with 18s though..

01lssport said:
Can't beet the price thats for sure.

Check the shipping...$200 for shipping...they are just trying to avoid eBay fees...should be no more than $60-$75 tops no matter how well they pack them...

this is true, even the pickup fee is ridiculous, personally rims of that design deserve the 20" version :) imho

why would the +38 offset kill the suspension (n00b question yes i know...) but explain away

chr0me said:
this is true, even the pickup fee is ridiculous, personally rims of that design deserve the 20" version :) imho

why would the +38 offset kill the suspension (n00b question yes i know...) but explain away

Good question, someone please explain this one to me too.

Yea those rims would look good in 20s, I don't know about 18s. Personally I wouldn't buy 18s, because they are almost the same size as the stock 17s, plus the disign on stock rims look better than most aftermarker wheels. But if you wanna put rims go at least with 19s or 20s.

HyeLifeLS said:
Yea those rims would look good in 20s, I don't know about 18s. Personally I wouldn't buy 18s, because they are almost the same size as the stock 17s, plus the disign on stock rims look better than most aftermarker wheels. But if you wanna put rims go at least with 19s or 20s.

True, the stock 17's were pretty nice. The only problem I see with those wheels is the black on black contrast is kind of "confusing" if you know what I mean. To me it's kind of hard to see how big the wheels actually are with all the black behind it.

That's why there is a chrome lip on those rims. If they would be all black then from the far distance you wouldn't be able to tell their size surely.

KD00LS said:
True, the stock 17's were pretty nice. The only problem I see with those wheels is the black on black contrast is kind of "confusing" if you know what I mean. To me it's kind of hard to see how big the wheels actually are with all the black behind it.

HyeLifeLS said:
That's why there is a chrome lip on those rims. If they would be all black then from the far distance you wouldn't be able to tell their size surely.

Yeah, Personally I think they would look good.

I agree, 2 sizes up from stock seems to look good. I got 18s on my Mark and wouldn't go any bigger. The LS wheelwell needs a bigger rim, IMO 19s are perfect, I like the 20s too. Remember that SWS often strikes after a wheel change.

of course im gonna like em cause i got black rims myself. but me personaly would go bigger even a 19" would look real good. another thing that they need to do with these rims is a small thing but would make a big diff. is put a polished stem cap (whatever its called) so it looks like the rivits continue through the whole wheel (thats just me being anal)

You mean like this? My friend has these rims in 22s on a black 06 BMW 750LI sport.

itsnotmydaddys said:
of course im gonna like em cause i got black rims myself. but me personaly would go bigger even a 19" would look real good. another thing that they need to do with these rims is a small thing but would make a big diff. is put a polished stem cap (whatever its called) so it looks like the rivits continue through the whole wheel (thats just me being anal)

LowenhartLSR+B.jpg

HyeLifeLS said:
You mean like this? My friend has these rims in 22s on a black 06 BMW 750LI sport.

That's gotta be insane looking. I like the new BMW 7 Series alot, and the generation before it was also gorgeous.

Man those cars are crazy, he has 22x9.5 in the front and 22x10.5 in the back. 265s tires in the front and 295s in the back. I mean those rims with tires cost about the same as an average 2000 LS.

HyeLifeLS said:
Man those cars are crazy, he has 22x9.5 in the front and 22x10.5 in the back. 265s tires in the front and 295s in the back. I mean those rims with tires cost about the same as an average 2000 LS.

LOL I bet. The new viper is running 345's in the back stock. Steal your friends BMW, best piece of advice I can give you.

chr0me said:
Offset is the distance off of the centerline where the mating surface of the wheel meets the hub. The LS has a rather large offset (60mm), as do a large percentage of FoMoCo cars of the last 15-20 years. When you go from 60mm to 38mm, you're moving the mounting point almost an inch farther in towards the center of the wheel.

One inch doesn't sound like a whole lot, but when you consider that the stock wheel is 7.5" wide, that's significant percentage.

Moving the offset changes the forces on the suspension. Basically, the wheel acts like a lever on the suspension components, and using a wheel with a different offset changes the fulcrum point of that lever. That, in turn, can drastically change the forces on the suspension components, in some cases multiplying the resultant forces.

That leads to premature component failure, quite possibly at a very inopportune (read "dangerous") moment. Actually, I'd say it would probably fail at a dangerous moment, because the forces will be greatest when doing something stressful, like cornering...

Ken Motz said:
Why would you put a $25 chinese wheel on an LS?
You don't always get what you pay for, but in this case, that old maxim holds true. There's a reason that you pay more per wheel for a good set of forged wheels than they're asking for a set of four of these. Yeah, there's profit built into the expensive wheels, but it's not even close to 75%--and you can bet that there's a much better margin on these cheap knock-offs than there is on a quality set of wheels.

Remember, this isn't some primered-up fart-cannoned Civic--this is a Lincoln. Dress it up, but for God's sake, do it with some class and quality.

SoonerLS said:
You don't always get what you pay for, but in this case, that old maxim holds true. There's a reason that you pay more per wheel for a good set of forged wheels than they're asking for a set of four of these. Yeah, there's profit built into the expensive wheels, but it's not even close to 75%--and you can bet that there's a much better margin on these cheap knock-offs than there is on a quality set of wheels.

Remember, this isn't some primered-up fart-cannoned Civic--this is a Lincoln. Dress it up, but for God's sake, do it with some class and quality.

i agree to a degree. yea youll get better made rims for the money. but since my bank is just about broke after buying the car, thats about the best i can do. what exactly is your idea of "class and quality"?

finally im back on lvc again.. after a month w/o internet... 20's look nice on the LS. I currently have 20" anteras and they look great!....

lexdiamondz10304 said:
finally im back on lvc again.. after a month w/o internet... 20's look nice on the LS. I currently have 20" anteras and they look great!....

Welcome back!

Members online

No members online now.
Back