Opinion on 2005 Mustang

Pricing for the New Mustang

V6 Fully Loaded $25,775.00

Exterior Sport Appearance Package $295.00 $263.00
- Rear Spoiler
- Lower Bodyside Sport Tape Stripe in White, Black or Pearl Gold

o Interior Upgrade Package $450.00 $401.00
- Satin Aluminum Finish Instrument Panel Appliqué - Ribbed Pattern
- Special New Bright Polished Six-Gauge Cluster with MyColor Feature and Message Center
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel with Satin Aluminum Spokes
- Satin Aluminum-Plated Shift Lever with Automatic Transmission
- Bright Polished Register Rings and Leather-Wrapped Sport Shift Knob for Manual Transmission
- Satin Aluminum-Plated Door Handles
- Satin Aluminum Door Sill Scuff Plate with Bright MUSTANG Lettering Insert
- Dark Charcoal Aberdeen Pattern Front Door Panel Inserts

o Shaker 1000 Audio System - AM/FM Stereo w/In-Dash CDx6, MP3 & 10- Audiophile Speakers $1,295.00 $1,153.00
o Verona Grain Leather-Trimmed Bucket Seats $695.00 $619.00
o Wheel Locking Kits $50.00 $45.00
o Active Anti-Theft System $255.00 $227.00
o Anti-Lock Brakes w/Traction Control $775.00 $690.00
o Front Seat Side-Mounted Air Bags $370.00 $329.00
o 5R55S 5-Speed Automatic Transmission $995.00 $886.00

V6 Base $19,770.00

V8 Loaded $30,360.00

Options:

o Interior Upgrade Package $450.00 $401.00
- Satin Aluminum Finish Instrument Panel Appliqué - Ribbed Pattern
- Special New Bright Polished Six-Gauge Cluster with MyColor Feature and Message Center
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel with Satin Aluminum Spokes
- Satin Aluminum-Plated Shift Lever with Automatic Transmission
- Bright Polished Register Rings and Leather-Wrapped Sport Shift Knob for Manual Transmission
- Satin Aluminum-Plated Door Handles
- Satin Aluminum Door Sill Scuff Plate with Bright MUSTANG Lettering Insert
- Dark Charcoal Aberdeen Pattern Front Door Panel Inserts

o Shaker 1000 Audio System - AM/FM Stereo w/In-Dash CDx6, MP3 & 10-Audiophile Speakers $1,295.00 $1,153.00
o 17" Bright Machined Cast Aluminum Wheels $195.00 $174.00
o Wheel Locking Kits $50.00 $45.00
o Active Anti-Theft System $255.00 $227.00
o Front Seat Side-Mounted Air Bags $370.00 $329.00
o Spoiler Delete Option no charge
o 5R55S 5-Speed Automatic Transmission $995.00 $886.00

V8 Base $25,570.00

Again that was

V6 Loaded $25,775.00
V6 Base $19,770.00
V8 Loaded $30,360.00
V8 Base $25,570.00

I have no Idea where you guys are getting $43,000 when a fully loaded V8 is $13,000 less than that, per the "Build your Ford" website.

The reason they are so plain jane is because the designers designed this car knowing that all mustang owners love to customize their cars. That is why at SEMA it was awarded the most customizable car award, or something to that effect. Haven't you guys seen any of the suped up versions of it by Roush, Saleen, or any other big nameplate like that? They are meant to be tinkered with.

By the way, camaros suck, I have never ridden in a bigger rattlebox than the Z28 or "TransAm Clone". My friend has one.

One thing that does make them look damn good is the racing stripe. Until they make some custom hoods with scoops in them (Like the concept) I will have somewhat of a problem with them, but for now, I think they look really good.

TownCar97 :L

I got the almost 30K for the v6 because that was the price on the window sticker for that car and the same goes for the v8, window sticker was almost at 43K. Trust me, I was like :q . I do not think some of the stuff on them was off the "build your own."

Probably the Buyer who got the v8 had them do more than what the opinions had or its because people are dumb here and well pay anything for the latest.

The other day I was looking at an '02 LS, same color as mine and everything but rims and rear spoiler, and mine was nicer alround and they said w/ a straight face, $22,995! It had 47K miles too.

I got mine after being upside down on trade-in (3K I believe) for $24, car was priced at $21,995 and had only 29,7XX miles. They finally lowered the price but that was a pathetic attempt, anyone w/ a right mind at what type of car would of did what I did, and that was laugh and walk away.

Heck, there is a peelude, whoops, I mean prelude for sale for almst 25 grand, just cause it has a few engine mods and a kit w/ stupid decals. Car is pretty slow because I kept w/ them along time ago in my econobox cavalier ecotec :bash: . Some people...

:I ...two posts up. No real price raping here on the GTs..because there are none on the lots...besides a used red GT that will never sell as he is asking more than they cost new.

We all have our own taste. The thing with the Mustang is that you don't buy it for what it can do from the factory. You buy it to make what you want of it. I was wanting 350 rwhp from my Mustang and wanted a lot of torque. I wanted it to handle and I wanted a certain look to it. ..and yes I know my web page sucks.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/dperuski/95gts/index.htm

I still like the 2005 Mustang and have only seen 3 GTs around in my area. I do see a few Lincoln LSs every day, but it is not making me want to get rid of mine.

Yea I see tons of LS's around here aswell, but its cool because we all get w/ one another.

I'm not trying to sound like the mustang is bad, its really good. I mean they really got it right. I was just saying that the v6 plain stangs are not too attractive to me, but it is its first year, long ways to go.

TownCar97 said:
Actually,

I really liked your webpage

I appreciate that. I work in the computer field and people ask me why I don't re-design it to a more current style. :) I just wanted the car info out there.

05 GTs around here are selling for $27,000 +... The exterior design is nice w/ upgraded wheels, but what seriously lacks is the interior quality... It feels and looks very cheap.. I thought I was back in my 2000 v6 Camaro and the blind spots were a little annoying. The GTs that I saw do not come w/ a trunk release and/or fuel tank release inside the car. The fuel tank door flips open w/out a locking mechanism (again like a stripped down GM).

13.5's in the quarter? MMFF pulled that time with a professional driver. Most drivers on the 05 GT forums are averaging a 13.8 - 14.2. For modding, you can quickly get the car in the high 12's.

However, if I want something quick, inexpensive to modify and run reliably in the low 12's, then a low mile 1998 + Camaro/Trans Am is the way to go...

I don’t think you can knock the exterior aesthetics but the interior cheap factor has been a problem with mustangs for a long time. The absences of a trunk and fuel door latch although not a big problem does detract from the overall quality of the vehicle.

The cost is not the problem unless you start comparing it to other cars on the market; then the car falls to 2nd, 3rd...

Friend of mine bought a 2005 mustang GT 5 speed fully loaded for 28,000. I kinda like em. Like what they did with the gauge cluster xcept the whole concept of being able to change it 500 colors or whatever i think thats kinda dumb but some people want red some blue some yellow some green.. lol

LSBIT,

I like the page too, and my hat's off to you for the Kennebell Charger! My cousin had 65k miles on the blower and still running strong. You're making about 8 pounds of boost? Those are music to my ears...

You know how many of these things will be available in '07 comin off a lease?
I only like the GT... They rest look like they're missing something. Yeah the inside
looks kind of weak. But hey its a muscle car not luxo cruiser! Overall, Very Cool car.

Jamler3 said:
You know how many of these things will be available in '07 comin off a lease?
I only like the GT... They rest look like they're missing something. Yeah the inside
looks kind of weak. But hey its a muscle car not luxo cruiser! Overall, Very Cool car.

yeah and the aftermarket will have already risen to the demand and refined the parts. The V6 definitely looks much different but I would have never considered buying a V6 stang. V6's are best suited for light sedans and small imports.

My wife wanted a stang when she was shopping back in 03 and I refused to sign on for the V6 model she wanted. Lukily the interiror was more plain than vanilla and she talked herself out of it.

kleetus said:
LSBIT,

I like the page too, and my hat's off to you for the Kennebell Charger! My cousin had 65k miles on the blower and still running strong. You're making about 8 pounds of boost? Those are music to my ears...

Thanks. When I got that Kenne Bell, they still weren't very popular, which was cool. I have 3 pulleys, but usually just use the one that gives me 8#s. I have been to 10 before with no problems, but there is no need to use it without slicks around here anyway. The 1/8 mi tracks stink here.

TownCar97 said:
By the way, camaros suck, I have never ridden in a bigger rattlebox than the Z28 or "TransAm Clone". My friend has one.

One thing that does make them look damn good is the racing stripe. Until they make some custom hoods with scoops in them (Like the concept) I will have somewhat of a problem with them, but for now, I think they look really good.

Camaros suck? Is that why they run chevy motors in mustangs but not vice versa?

KD00LS said:

I doubt it. I think that the Chevy guys have these engines laying around but no cool cars to put them in, so they start finding Fords.

lsbit said:
I doubt it. I think that the Chevy guys have these engines laying around but no cool cars to put them in, so they start finding Fords.

This seems the more likely reason to me!

eL eS said:
This seems the more likely reason to me!

Or the fact that chevy 350 motors have more potential than ford motors, more reliable, and cheaper parts.

Hey those 05 camaros are great oh wait they don't have any 05,06 maybe an 07 camaro.

KD00LS said:

KD00LS said:
Or the fact that chevy 350 motors have more potential than ford motors, more reliable, and cheaper parts.

Maybe in the 60's and 70's. No sense in bringing any of this up as anyone who has owned either knows the potential is endless for both.

I just hope Chevy can build a car for regular folks to buy that can compare or beat the Mustang. In order to actually build something that they can keep in production, it will have to appeal to a bigger crowd. I think if they came up with something new and ditch the Camaro name, they might be better off. The back of my hair is short, so in Knoxville, TN I am not allowed to drive one anyway. :)

So...the Mustang is the only American choice for most.

Ah.. C'mon.. the Mullet is still the cut of choice here in Pittsburgh... even if you don't have an IROC....

I dunno about the longevity of a Chevy engine over a Ford... I know they are certainly cheaper to build, just in shear volume.

Tell you what though, you build a truck, and I know this is the wrong forum for this, but I'll take a Ford powerplant over ANY Chevy displacement engine any day of the week. Maybe it's because I'm so sick of seeing guys put 350's in 1 ton trucks and wonder why they get 6 MPG and blow up in 20k. What's even more comical is that they rebuild again, THE SAME FREAKIN' WAY!!! :Bang

302's are just as cheap to build as a sbc...though this is coming from a guy with a 10k dollar "302"

You have to give the mustang credit...pony cars have changed the auto industry, and will forever leave their mark. The 05's are receiving the same love it/hate it as every styling change since day one.

I'm a huge mustang fan, but wouldn't buy an 05 if given the chance. The fox bodies and sn95's are simple, cheap and effective cars...this new stuff is a little too hi-tech for the backyard wrench turner.

Here are the projects a few friends are working on
http://www.jmschip.com/bullet.php (my buddy Steve is driving in the video)
http://www.fordracingparts.com/builds/racingbuilds.asp?builderid=6&buildtype=1 Robin's NMRA Real Street '05

eL eS said:
well now were are talkin exotics. I wouldnt mind the car but you think maintenance cost on teh LS is bad. I don't think anyone could keep that car as a daily driver.

Its a toyota motor so the mechanics of it would probably be more reliable than the LS.

Members online

Back