open for tips and info

ELDO4LIFE

LVC Member
Reaction score
i have a 92 eldorado tc with the 4.9 in it and im trying to give it more power i was thinking around things simple but mainly something that would give me more power from that the first thing that came to my mind was supercharger but i cant find an electrical one thats good i have found centrifigal (i know i spelled that wrong) ones but those are always running and i dont want to run my engine out considering its high mileage but i know there has to be an electrical one out there but anyway im open for anyones tips or information and it would be much appreciated thanks

I am not that familiar with the Caddy 4.9 or a well seasoned gear head but I've been paying attention to some of LvC's best. Why not start with non-mechanical things like air intake and exhaust systems. The better the engine breathes the better it runs and you gain HP.

mespock said:
I am not that familiar with the Caddy 4.9 or a well seasoned gear head but I've been paying attention to some of LvC's best. Why not start with non-mechanical things like air intake and exhaust systems. The better the engine breathes the better it runs and you gain HP.

Mespock has the right idea -- but mainly because (unless you are super rich), there's not much you can do in the line of a charger at this point in time -- the computer is a bit hard to conquer to get the car to 'accept' the charger.

Here are all your performance options:
-Open up exhaust
-New intake
-Cold air intake
-NOS
-High perf plugs
-Port heads

ShadowLvr (I don't know if he still hangs out here) had a nice Eldo. I'm sure you could grab him on AIM or something if you need more info -- he's the expert to talk to.

alright well thanks a lot guys im going to start on that stuff and tell you how it turns out for sure except for the nos ive heard that stuff kills engines quick but anyway thanks for your inputs and im still open to anymore if anyone has them or if anyone knows of a good electrical supercharger

Have you tried a Turbonater? I bought and installed one myself (easy enough for any woman to install) it adds an additional 35 horsepower to your engine through your intake hose. It has definately added some extra power to my already quick 300 horsepower engine maybe it could help you :)

Sorry, Couldn't help myself.

turbonater2.jpg

CaDreamr said:
Have you tried a Turbonater? I bought and installed one myself (easy enough for any woman to install) it adds an additional 35 horsepower to your engine through your intake hose. It has definately added some extra power to my already quick 300 horsepower engine maybe it could help you :)

Are you serious? Do you have Dyno's of the car before and after?

You'd be the first person to see any gain out of installing one of those if it actually did anything

Members online

No members online now.
Back