oops! maybe i overdid it...

93zzzt

Not parking under trees.
Reaction score
I was getting only 24 psi at the fuel rails, and then the pump died.

So i put in a 255lph high pressure cobra pump. really woke up the car.

Well, it still had the factory exhaust, all original from 93 on it. I cut out the anti-resonator behind the cat, put in a piece of pipe, and decided the mufflers sucked so i cut them out, extended the pipe, and put a couple of magnaflow tips on there. (omitting the mufflers.)

Runs awesome.

Problem is, it's a little droney inside the car but it sounds sweet as hell outside the car. I'm thinking that i might just put a single muffler in there where the third cat is and say screw it.

Did i mention that the tone sounds like a cobra with borlas? hahah.

I did my exhaust the same way, removed the resonator & deleted the two rear mufflers then straight pipes to tips. I love the sound, it's not raspy at all & sounds better then many of the aftermarket systems. Yes the inside has drone but I have gotten used to it & doesn't bother me at all any more. It sounds just like my nieghbors 04 cobra at idle/low rpm.

I cut the mufflers, and like the sound-but the 'third' cat is still there, I thought it might be a little too loud without it-does it make a difference?

I cut the mufflers, and like the sound-but the 'third' cat is still there, I thought it might be a little too loud without it-does it make a difference?

My third cat is still in place, I removed the resonator as 93zzzt did.

there is 3 cats, 1 resonator, 2 mufflers.

LSC has 3 cats, 2 mufflers

I will be removing the 3rd Cat. Everything out there says a X pipe will stop/slow the drown. This is what I will be installing to replace that cat.

Here is a deal on a X pipe.

Ebay # 350077805214

I bought that x pipe when i did my exhaust, but ended up not using it. I have a dual in dual out magnaflow with x pipe built in and planned on using that as a 2nd x pipe, but they didnt mate up correctly, so i didnt use it. good product tho.

On my 96:
High flow cats, to a dual inlet/dual outlet muffler where the third cat was, to a pair of straight through mufflers at the end. Absolutely no drone, sounds great.
With the two rear mufflers off, it sounds pretty loud, not very raspy, just like a Cobra with exhaust on it. Smidge of drone, but I can put the rear mufflers back on if it bothers me.

Joey, if you don't change it by the beach party you can take a look at my set up and have a listen to it to get an idea of sound.

I have a similar 2 in 2 out muffler at the resonator location with a deleted 3rd cat.

Also I had run a 1 in 2 out for a few years and that was good also.

turborich: i LOVE the tone. I guess when i come up for the beach party it will let me know how much i hate the drone...

I'm in RI, not so much haha. Do either of you have the bumper w/o cutouts? I don't have any and I'm looking into doing the same within the next month or so, gut the resonator and cats and throw some mean tips on there. Idk how it'll look without cutouts. If anything has anyone hacked into the bumper cover to make cutouts or is it not worth it

mine has no cutouts, the magnaflow tips look very stangy so to speak below the bumper cover.

Here is a pic of my friends 94, I simply traced the cutouts on my 95 & transfered them onto his 94. I then cut them out with a sharp razor knife. It looks 100% stock.

ctmpphpQL1LVS.jpg

ctmpphpvvvXW2.jpg

ctmpphp3BpiCA.jpg

Well you could do what I did... I wapped the bumper from my 95 to my 94. Wife didn't want a noisy car so I put a stock 93 sytem on here and swapped bumpers LOL..

Members online

Back