Oo ls running ruff

Lincolnls00arturo

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I need mayor help. M new to the site but I been reading the treads for a while. Tnks in advance. My ls v8 00 runs good some times, it lacks power at first when I floor it, it has a hard time to pass the 6000rpm, it mis fire it seems some times.i have new spark plugs,air filter, coils. I love my lincolns n want to help my baby :p

I need mayor help. M new to the site but I been reading the treads for a while. Tnks in advance. My ls v8 00 runs good some times, it lacks power at first when I floor it, it has a hard time to pass the 6000rpm, it mis fire it seems some times.i have new spark plugs,air filter, coils. I love my lincolns n want to help my baby :p

I think you meant:

I need major help. I am new to this site, but I have been reading the threads for awhile. Thanks in advance. My 2000 LS8 runs well sometimes, but it lacks power when I first floor it. It has a hard time passing 6000RPM, and it also seems to misfire sometimes. I have new spark plugs, air filter, and coils. I love my Lincoln and want to help my baby. :p

Did u do a good cleaning of the MAF? Try Seafoam in gas also. 1 can per fillup, 93 octane next 3 tanks. Any codes? Autozone or Advance Auto will read & interpret codes for free.

Drove the car today m notice that avery time is shifting n to the next gear iy jerks, n wen it gets to 55,60 it keeps jerks a litle tru out n seem a bit weak. Then I floor it n it hasetates for 3seconds n it gets going normal but it losses gain at 55,6 rpms. The spark plugs and coils are are craft, got them at the dealer. I got a snap on code reader n dont get any codes. M going to use the fome next as recomended. Andy tnkx for your transletion. Hope u can help me on this one 2.

Welcome to LVC. I think I speak for most members in saying regardless of any language barriers, we are always glad to help. How many miles ago did you change your coils? Also, is the car idling fine or do you have any idle issues also?

Drove the car today m notice that avery time is shifting n to the next gear iy jerks, n wen it gets to 55,60 it keeps jerks a litle tru out n seem a bit weak. Then I floor it n it hasetates for 3seconds n it gets going normal but it losses gain at 55,6 rpms. The spark plugs and coils are are craft, got them at the dealer. I got a snap on code reader n dont get any codes. M going to use the fome next as recomended. Andy tnkx for your transletion. Hope u can help me on this one 2.

EDIT: marcredd is right. Sorry that shouldn't have happened.

Instead of blazing him for a language barrier, can we try and help the main issue regarding his problem? Sorry High(and I still wanna meet up in Charleston during the Spring), but that was just harsh. And actually shocks me because you have been a really positive new member of LVC . Obviously, the op would not keep writing if he did not have an issue. Hell, he even thanked the one person for making the corrections even though we most read that "help" as being faceitous. And last time I checked, one does not have to well off to own an 12 year old car. It is an LS.....not a Maserati.

If we are getting more fun out of blazing fellow members than helping resolve issues, then something is beginning to change in an opposite direction about the LS section of LVC. I have friends who do not own LSes but really enjoy dropping in daily to see the help we give each other and not be arrogant assess like on other forums. Blazing members who have a language barrier and never offering help could make us look like......guess.....arrogant assess.

We are known for being helpful and not hurtful.

I couldn't agree with you more, marcredd! In my 40 yrs of traveling to all corners of the world, 99% of the people respond to inquiries very politely if respectfully asked. Language is never a barrier with mutual respect!

Tnkx marcredd, those are wise words. The car seems to misfire a litle time 2 time at idle. The coils I replacethem about 6 months ago.m about 2 clean the maf and clean the air filter.
What do I have to do 2 post a picture.

Cleaning the maf changing the air filter are always good maintainance. Any error codes as in the check engine light(cel)? Misfires usually always indicate a coil and probably a bad spark plug issue. Idle issue could be caused by the idle air control valve issue. Also, has a good mechanic looked at it yet?

No mecanic jet. No light on, massage center is ok on everything.m working on it right now, I hope to find the problem.

If using a phone, use Photobucket.com to upload. If using a laptop or pc, just save click on the "go advanced" tab in the box you type your responses. A box to the left will come up and let you click on "browse". That is how you find the pic you want to upload. Once you select the pic, click on "upload" and then "save changes".

**Be sure to reduce the size of the pic if it too big before uploading. Pics that are too big are hard for most to see.

Has the fuel filter been changed?

Cats could be clogged too...

If the issue is a clog, it could be mistaken by some as being a misfire. Also, how long did you drive with the defective coils? If too long, a clogged catalytic converter very well could be an issue.

Unless I am wrong, they sometimes throw a code and you would get a cel. Also, there is at times the very distinctive smell of something rotten while inside the car. You would definitely see a noticeable loss of power. I recommend you going to a mechanic. Keep us posted on what the answer to your issue was.

Check for exhaust gas pressure at both upstream and downstream O2 bungs.

You shouldnt see too huge of a difference... Maybe Joe can step in here with actual numbers.

okay way to test your cats,

First does the car stall?

If not then they are not fully clogged, I just went through this crap,

One way to test if they are clogging, remove the front o2 sensors if it seems to gain power it maybe clogged, as now the exhaust gasses are escaping some, be aware though with a fully clogged cat and just the o2 sensors out your exhaust will flow about 80% less than an open exhaust pretty low.

If it runs better with out the 02's in it is probably plugged but a back pressure tester is more of a guarantee.

It shouldn't read a large change at all from front 02 to back o2

also have you verified you do not have any vacuum leaks?

I went to toms glass n muffler n said that the cats are ok.the fuel filter getting it tomorrow, the one I got first it was the wrong one. The car does not intall.i hear the toneof the pipes in it dosent sound right.
PHP:

Members online

No members online now.
Back