Ongoing Issue with Stock AMp

freshkid87

LVC Member
Reaction score
This is an issue i've been trying to correct for a year now, about a year ago my factory amp that powers my two rear speakers stared making a hissing sound, then finally turned off, it warms up, but i hear no sound. I've been asking where the fuse location is for a year now and nobody seems to know. can anyone point me in the right direction? i miss my sounds and i'm almost ready to sell the damn car due to this issue of not having premium sounds in my car

Go to car-parts.com and search for a new (used) amp. The amp is used in some Ford trucks and they are plentiful and affordable. I need one and found one for $40 in my area. Mine instantly started passing either ignition noise or alternator noise one morning. Unplugging the amp made the noise go away, but I have not yet bought a replacement amp.

I am assuming that you have the Premium sound system and the AMP you are mentioning is the one in the rear deck that powers the rear subs in the deck. I had some noise issues. Cleared it up by running an additional ground wire from the amp to ground. Quick fix if it works for you.

Members online

Back