Ongoing Issue with Stock AMp

Lincoln LS

1. freshkid87

freshkid87 LVC Member

This is an issue i've been trying to correct for a year now, about a year ago my factory amp that powers my two rear speakers stared making a hissing sound, then finally turned off, it warms up, but i hear no sound. I've been asking where the fuse location is for a year now and nobody seems to know. can anyone point me in the right direction? i miss my sounds and i'm almost ready to sell the damn car due to this issue of not having premium sounds in my car

2. milehighmikey

milehighmikey Dedicated LVC Member

Go to car-parts.com and search for a new (used) amp. The amp is used in some Ford trucks and they are plentiful and affordable. I need one and found one for $40 in my area. Mine instantly started passing either ignition noise or alternator noise one morning. Unplugging the amp made the noise go away, but I have not yet bought a replacement amp.

3. craigh

craigh Well-Known LVC Member

I am assuming that you have the Premium sound system and the AMP you are mentioning is the one in the rear deck that powers the rear subs in the deck. I had some noise issues. Cleared it up by running an additional ground wire from the amp to ground. Quick fix if it works for you.

• Like Like x 1