One Touch 3-Blink Turn Signals

jerryg2112

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
When I got my 2005 LS back in May I was surprised that it didn't have this feature being that the LS is a luxury vehicle. My wife's 2005 Pacifica had it so it was around in 2005. Has anyone added this feature? It seems that the signals are controlled by the FEM and the REM so the adjustable relay I found online won't work. Is there a way to add this feature that isn't too complicated or expensive?

The signal light bulbs are switched by the FEM (in the front) and the REM (in the back), but AFAIK they are controlled by the cluster. It is my understanding that the micro in the cluster reads the turn signal switches and tells the FEM and the REM when to turn the bulbs on and off.

If we has access to the source code for the micro in the cluster and the tools to compile it and program it into the cluster micro, then it would be really easy to do. Since we don't and never will, it gets more complicated. You would have to add a device (/w microprocessor) between the turn signal switches and the cluster that would prolong the signal enough for 3 blinks. Doable, but not worth the effort in my opinion.

As for the out-of-dateness of it, the design of the LS was started in 1998. I don't think anyone had the 3-blink thing then. The refresh was started in 2002 (maybe 2001?), and this didn't make the feature list then. By or before 2004, they knew the LS would be discontinued very soon.

Doable, but not worth the effort in my opinion.
I agree. A nice feature that I miss because I am used to using it in my other vehicles but not worth that much of an effort to add.

On another note I just discovered that I can get my wipers to go once on a quick push of the very end of the stalk without squirting fluid.

...On another note I just discovered that I can get my wipers to go once on a quick push of the very end of the stalk without squirting fluid.

Yes, that's actually an intentional feature, called "mist."

Does your wiper switch not spin backwards? My 02 does. It's a momentary position that springs back to Off. It's the only car I've seen do that so I wouldn't be surprised if that was dropped for gen 2. I can't remember if tapping the washer button always does 3 wipes or if you can get a single there

Forscan lets me change the As-built settings in my 14 Fusion, of which one of the many items I can change is setting the tap flash count anywhere from 1 to 7 blinks. It's a little disappointing the LS only really has the same items that the V8 already lets you control through the message center (plus DRL I think)

Gen II does not rotate backwards.
From the manual...

MULTI-FUNCTION LEVER
Windshield wiper: Rotate the end
of the control away from you to
increase the speed of the wipers;
rotate towards you to decrease the
speed of the wipers.
Windshield washer: Push the end
of the stalk:
Quickly pressing the end of the

stalk switch causes a single wipe