One Owner 2000 LS Sport V8 for Sale - Front-end damage - $1200

Gator1

LVC Member
Reaction score
Bought this one new in January of 2000, 205K miles, synthetic oil with 5K changes. I’ve never had to add oil between changes. Engine and transmission perform as new. I was planning to drive to 300K. Car is located south of Kansas City.

Have experienced all the usual suspects: secondary tensioners replaced at 171K along with plugs and coils, radiator fan motor replaced at 147K, degas bottle at 172K. I just replaced clock spring though it still dings on startup (had that one on my list.) All service records. Changed rear diff fluid via evacuation method at 160K. New fuel filter at 201K. New belt and hoses at 123K. You get the idea here. Maintenance has been regular and thorough since new.

Interior grey leather, very nice condition. The entire car is nice for age other than damage from daughter’s mishap.

Damage: Hood is toast obviously as is passenger-side light. Passenger side fender has very slight damage around headlight area. I have a slight coolant drip so something got to the front cooler which surprised me based upon the damage. I drove it twenty miles home from the accident and it drove fine. Other than the coolant issue I would be confident to drive it across the country. Bumper is heavily scuffed and cracked in one spot. Fog light toast.

I have a full case of Bosch oil filters (I was serious and optimistic about the 300K+), a transmission filter, and transmission fluid which all go with the car if interested. Tires have 25K miles on them.

Other items: Windshield cracked a long time ago (not related to accident); garage door scratched back bumper, radio display doesn’t work (but radio does), and trunk has beginning of corrosion on lower right edge which I’ve been managing to good effect for years.

If no one has an interest I may be looking for some parts to keep it on the road but I’m too slammed right now to give it attention until spring. If you have some time you could have a solid car on the cheap.

Thanks to all those here. I haven’t commented much as I’m the student not the expert, but this site has been a goldmine of expertise on this vehicle.

20171028_100529.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

20171028_100455.jpg

20171028_100550.jpg

Did you get rid of the car?
It would probably cost a lot for me to get it shipped up to me ;but if I can find a way to do it that isn't going to kill me I'm definitely interested.

Did you get rid of the car?
It would probably cost a lot for me to get it shipped up to me ;but if I can find a way to do it that isn't going to kill me I'm definitely interested.

RockL,
I do still have the car. I wouldn't think it'd be cost-effective to ship to you given the distance involved but I'm happy to facilitate things on my end if you have a way. I've been looking for donor cars down here and I think I have mine priced at above market so I'm lowering the price to $900 USD. If you're interested, let me know.

Members online

Back