One for grayghost, need opinions too

theunclesam

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi all, long time watcher, first time poster. I recently purchased a 2003 LS V8 with 26,000 miles on it. Got a helluva deal at a toyota dealership that couldn't get rid of it. :dancefool

Anyways, I was checking out Grayghost's site, and found this product:

http://www.lskoncepts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=KKM%2D001

Anyone have this installed? Will I notice much of a difference in HP? Will the dealer freak out (I still have a warranty)? Anyways, any help and opinions are much appreciated. Look forward to posting many more times.

hello and welcome. i personally dont have it yet, but from what people say its a great product, if u want more gain go with the CAI. the dealer shouldnt mind, its not altering anything

i got it installed in my LS along wit the CAI tube and it sounds great... supposed to add about 10-15 hp to the Linc...

You should notice anywhere from 5-15 HP increase. The 2003's are a little bit different than the earlier years just because a lot of things changed in 2003. First of all, there was a 28 HP increase from 2002 to 2003 on the V8's. This was from several things and a few of them were the relocation of the throttle body, a bigger throttle body and a less restrictive exhaust system. From some customers that have bought the 2003 and up KKM system have said their "butt" dyno tells them there was an increase in HP.

As for the warranty, you shouldn't worry about that since all your doing is increasing more air flow to the system. The dealer can not refuse to work on your car with it on the car and they would have to prove that if you damaged your car that the filter was the cause. You have rights with regards to aftermarket items. There was a warranty act enacted to protect the consumer from malicious dealers refusing to work or warranty your car. It is the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975. You can read more about it on my website here:

http://www.lskoncepts.com/warranty.asp

GrayGhost1 said:
You should notice anywhere from 5-15 HP increase. The 2003's are a little bit different than the earlier years just because a lot of things changed in 2003. First of all, there was a 28 HP increase from 2002 to 2003 on the V8's. This was from several things and a few of them were the relocation of the throttle body, a bigger throttle body and a less restrictive exhaust system. From some customers that have bought the 2003 and up KKM system have said their "butt" dyno tells them there was an increase in HP.

As for the warranty, you shouldn't worry about that since all your doing is increasing more air flow to the system. The dealer can not refuse to work on your car with it on the car and they would have to prove that if you damaged your car that the filter was the cause. You have rights with regards to aftermarket items. There was a warranty act enacted to protect the consumer from malicious dealers refusing to work or warranty your car. It is the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975. You can read more about it on my website here:

http://www.lskoncepts.com/warranty.asp

Thanks Grayghost. Another question then, if I get this, which CAI tube do I get? Or should I get it at all? The extra HP would be nice, but I would really like that extra sound (VRROOOOOOOMMM!!)

If you get the KKM kit for the 2003 that's all you need. You don't need the intake tube. First all, I don't carry one because it wouldn't help at all. Since the throttle body is close to the front of the car there isn't much intake tube to deal with. You will notice more sound from the engine especially at WOT. Once you take away all of that sound baffling from the stock air box you'll notice it.

GrayGhost1 said:
If you get the KKM kit for the 2003 that's all you need. You don't need the intake tube. First all, I don't carry one because it wouldn't help at all. Since the throttle body is close to the front of the car there isn't much intake tube to deal with. You will notice more sound from the engine especially at WOT. Once you take away all of that sound baffling from the stock air box you'll notice it.

Awesome, thanks again. I'll be ordering one very soon then. I assume this is pretty much a bolt-on job. Looks that way from the pics.

So how's k-town? I lived there until 2 years ago when I moved to Chicagoland. Like it up here, but miss the south for sure. I may be coming down sometime later this month.

It's a pretty simple swap out and an instruction sheet comes with the kit. All you have to do is take off the air box and IAT sensor and put the new kit on.Definitely, let me know when you're heading this way. There are some other LS owners here that we can get together.

GrayGhost1 said:
It's a pretty simple swap out and an instruction sheet comes with the kit. All you have to do is take off the air box and IAT sensor and put the new kit on.Definitely, let me know when you're heading this way. There are some other LS owners here that we can get together.

Sounds good man! Now I gotta figure out how to get my IPOD hooked up to this damn factory navi system, and put my sub in the back. But that's a different post...

Members online

No members online now.
Back