on a scale of 1 to 10 how serious

91 LSC SE

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I noticed tie rod end movement - Can I wait a couple of weeks till it warms up or should I change this right away? Have to order tomorrow by Noon to get these by the weekend.
Please check this link for video:MEGA

And let me know:
Proforged, Motocraft or AC Delco Professional? Which is best? Proforged has a million mile warranty, if that means anything?

Last edited:
I would say immediately if you can feel movement in it.if it breaks you will have no steering on that tire.very dangerous!

I always go with motorcraft.how many miles?
131K, I would buy Motocraft (inner is only $5 more), but Amazon.com only has 1, and Amazon.ca they are $90 each vs. $37, in USA.
Canada is taxing the $%it out of its citizens. Since Trudeau got in, all our dollar has done is tank.

HMMMM I’d do it ASAP with Motorcraft, Moog, or TRW only if it were me personally.
Thanks to you both, With my reading I seen that Moog was great, until they were bought out a few years ago and now it is a crap shoot on parts. I read where others get one tie rod with a grease fitting and the other without, that is why I was considering Proforged. TRW is good, but after having a lower control arm ball joint break a couple years ago, I would prefer to buy something else.

I wanted to wait till it warms up, so I could put on the ultra summer tires. BF Goodrich tells me I shouldn't use them in weather under 40 degrees fahrenheit and would much rather have the wheel alignment done with my summer tires and rims vs winter. A guess a week or two of driving on the winters' without an alignment won't be too rough as long as I count the turns for each tie rod end.

Thanks to you both, With my reading I seen that Moog was great, until they were bought out a few years ago and now it is a crap shoot on parts. I read where others get one tie rod with a grease fitting and the other without, that is why I was considering Proforged. TRW is good, but after having a lower control arm ball joint break a couple years ago, I would prefer to buy something else.
Rock auto has suprisingly good parts at lower prices for the marks and shiping is 2 days in the usa

Rock auto has suprisingly good parts at lower prices for the marks and shiping is 2 days in the usa
Thanks Bill! you are right! I purchased earlier today from RockAuto. I usually check Amazon, Jegs, SummitRacing. Amazon was the cheapest on the Moog outer tie rod, but not for the inner. They didn't have Moog inner's that would ship to Canada and were out of stock on AC Delco Professional, so I purchased from RockAuto. They were quick to respond on my customs questions and that was Saturday.

Thanks Bill! you are right! I purchased earlier today from RockAuto. I usually check Amazon, Jegs, SummitRacing. Amazon was the cheapest on the Moog outer tie rod, but not for the inner. They didn't have Moog inner's that would ship to Canada and were out of stock on AC Delco Professional, so I purchased from RockAuto. They were quick to respond on my customs questions and that was Saturday.
Hi, 91-lsc, Thanks for the results from rock auto shopping. Were you able to get the rock auto parts shipped into Canada? I am a bit familiar with Canada having a girl friend from Newfoundland CA. where I vacationed with her in St John's for 3 weeks. Saw a lot of the North Atlantic , caught a 3 cod, it's the limit. Drove another time to Sidney Nova Scotia to take her home. She took the big ferry over to Newfoundland. And on another trip we went to Ontario which is very close to Ohio unlike driving to Nova Scotia. My mark is under a car cover outside waiting for me to repair the air ride or convert to all springs . Sorry our president was so thoughtless proposing a tariff. Write back when you can

Thanks Bill!
Yes Rockauto was great, no surprises upon delivery - didn't have to pay anything additional. They imported it to a RockAuto in Burlington, close to my location and the parts arrived in a couple of days!
Hey no need to apologize for your president. Whether you agree with his tactics or not. He believes he is trying to make your country better. Our prime mister seems insistent on only making his life better, while destroying Canada by spending every dollar he can get his hands on. His last trip to China he spent $128k just for the catering on the plane. Tell me how does 50 or so people on a plane eat $128K worth of food?

Thanks Bill!
Yes Rockauto was great, no surprises upon delivery - didn't have to pay anything additional. They imported it to a RockAuto in Burlington, close to my location and the parts arrived in a couple of days!
Hey no need to apologize for your president. Whether you agree with his tactics or not. He believes he is trying to make your country better. Our prime mister seems insistent on only making his life better, while destroying Canada by spending every dollar he can get his hands on. His last trip to China he spent $128k just for the catering on the plane. Tell me how does 50 or so people on a plane eat $128K worth of food?
Including catering costs it comes to 2,560 a dish. Somethings not right with that picture

Including catering costs it comes to 2,560 a dish. Somethings not right with that picture
yes there is a lot not right there. i do not know exact staff numbers, but believe the plane cost itself was around $450USD. His 1
0 day trip cost taxpayers $1.8 million. He breaks all kinds of laws and expect the rest of Canadians to follow them. Anyone that can't plan a 10 trip for under 1 million, certainly doesn't deserve to run a country. Don't care if you are liberal or conservative.

Members online

No members online now.
Back