OMG! Are You Kidding!!!

Beamer

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok, alittle story. I have a very good friend, who happens to be pretty well off. He has been working on moving over-sea's to Germany. Anyway, he is a car guy and has quite a bit of rides.

Well about 3 months ago I got a phone call from him saying he has a big, huge favor to ask of me. He goes on to tell me that he is not able to get a couple of cars on a ship to be sent over. He wanted to fly them but it was easier to get them on a ship and than trucked to his new house. I pretty much knew what he was gonna ask but acted like I had no idea what the favor was.

so he says :

Listen man, I hate to bother you but I am gonna leave a few cars behind for now but want them taken care of.

I say:

So what do you want me to do, come to "undisclosed place" and stay there to take care of them? You'd have to pay me good dude cause I'd have to leave work haha.

He says:

Nah man, I was wondering if I could have them trucked to your place and you could take care of them there. You know man, the usually maintance, cleaning and even driving. Just as long as you do not hurt them and the alike.

I say:

Wow, thats a favor alright.

He says:

I well have everything you well need to watch my babies. Got oil and filters and all that crap already. Heck I well even get a few gals of gas that can hold you over till I am ready to get them.

I say:

I think I can do it man. Just alittle on the fence ya know. What am I gonna be babysitting anyway? I hope you WRX and maybe that BMW.

He Says:

Oh no, Mr. 600(WRX nickname, HP rating) is going right away. Gotta kick some German ass and so is the Bimmer. I need you to look after my 2000 Mercedes-Benz SL500 and the little whimpy Sentra SE-R Spec-V.

So I agree to look after them. He almost bought a portable garage for me to store them but I said we have the space in the garage. Now I know some may say, a &^%*% Sentra! Yea, its pretty modified. Over 270 to the wheels. Awesome car.

So anyway, fast forward and the cars are here and I am doing everything I can to keep em the way they arrived because I do not want to do anything that well piss of friend cause I am scared of friend lol.

So fast forward to this weekend, Saturday to be exact. I am out washing MY car when my cell rings. I pick it up and its him.

Friend: hey man, how is it going(I answer the ?). Thats good man, its going great over here, how is the babies?(I answer). Thats awesome I knew I could count on ya. Listen man, I got bad news! ( I ask what). Well I am not sure how to pay ya, I mean you took care of 'em but it was all paid for to begin ya know? (I say its no problem, just having them here was enough).

Here is where I :q:q:q:q myself.

Well man, I have decided to come there and.... Give you the titles and keys and some other things because I have decided that you can keep 'em.

Total silence on my end.

You there man?...... Yea, ugh what do you mean?.... I mean I decided to let you take them. I didn't drive those a whole lot anymore and since they are paid for and I really do not want to have to ship them and worry so I figure I would give 'em to a great dude like yourself. You are free to do whatever to them, like sell or whatever. Just wanted to repay you for the past, yada yada!

I reply:

What the hell, that is awesome man but I do not know, this is completely unexpected. I am just shocked beyond belief.

Anyway, needless to say he was here Sunday w/ everything and now I am a proud owner of two sweet cars in their own rights. I know no one cares about the Sentra but the Mercedes, damn, its one fine car.

Here is the rundown on the 500SL:

5.0L V8 engine, automatic
Memory Seats
6 CD Changer, Cassette Player(who cares)
Auto Climate Ctl.
Outside Temp. Gauge
Fog/Driving Lamps
Anti-lock Brakes
Traction Control
Premium Wheels
Power Driver's Seat(memory)
Power Door Locks
Power Windows
Power Passenger Seat
Power Mirrors
Leather Seats
Interior Wood Trim
Remote Keyless Entry
Cruise
Premium Wheels
Hard and soft tops

Car has 25,639 miles. Of course it runs great and is also Red(just what I need, another red car). Working on photos, just gotta remember to put them up here.

Sorry about the long post probably could of left some stuff out but damn, I am excited about it. Probably going to just sell the SE-R. Its a badass ride but 4 cars, one being high class is kinda much so I could live w/out that one, besides already have one packet rocket and I know a guy who wants the SE-R really bad and he is like I am when it comes to taking care of cars.

Just send me the ones you don't want. I could use any of them. I will PM ya my address :)

nice. just get ready for tax time....laws in your state may vary but if he isn't a relative there's some serious tax coming due:)

beaups said:
nice. just get ready for tax time....laws in your state may vary but if he isn't a relative there's some serious tax coming due:)
A tax man recently advised that the gift tax is on the giver not the receiver:). But be sure to check as local taxes may be different.

Beamer said:
Well man, I have decided to come there and.... Give you the titles and keys and some other things because I have decided that you can keep 'em.
Man, it must suck to be you.:cool:

I would gladly pay the tax on both cars....give them to me. :)
Got picks?

I well check on the taxes, he said something about it. We actually did it like I purchased the cars, very cheap of course. Working on the pics, I believe I said something on here but awhile ago I messed up my camera and have yet to get it checked out :(.

Gread deal. Congrats on your new ride. Sell the Ricer and put the money on taxes on the car.
NC is a very opressive tax law state. When I moved here the locals told me they tax FIRE here.

beaups said:

That's a helluva deal, or more like no deal.. still that's like the best late christmas present or something.

How does the benz drive? Quick yea? I love those..

I guess i'm gonna be the first to call it since nobody else will: BS!!!! ......I love this game:)

ovsims said:
I guess i'm gonna be the first to call it since nobody else will: BS!!!! ......I love this game:)

That crossed my mind....but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt....for now.

Drive like nothing I have driven before, v8 has plenty on tap and just feels great. Kinda like the Marauder off the line when you lightly give it gas, it pulls and just can tell it wants some more lol. Kinda gotten used to it since I was taking it out here and there before hand. Definately feels nice behind the wheel.

I am waiting on what the insurance company is gonna say. Told my "agent" to give me a buzz today about it. Working on whether I want to get the whole package or just to keep me out of trouble if something happens since the car is paid for.

Hey call BS, I would more than likely be thinking the same thing. I still think its not totally true myself. Have lost alot of sleep just knowing I was given two cars lol. Grant my friend is one of the best guys I know and knowing him he wanted to get ride of a few cars anyway cause he is always saying he has too many and not enough time to drive them all like he'd like too.

This little story doesnt seem odd to me, i know of people that dont put a whole lot of value in material things (cars) and its usually wealthy people. Its totally believable. However i would have those cars sold in a heartbeat, i think i'd rather have the extra cash to pay off the LS than have 4 cars sitting around. Neither of the cars really interest me at all. What i would be concerned about if i were you is the future return of a "favor" to this guy.

Fla02LS said:
What i would be concerned about if i were you is the future return of a "favor" to this guy.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. I don't know how many bodies can fit in the trunk of a Benz.

The Balt is still my favorite car, too much into it to not want. Its got everything I need now and is getting more down the road(would put my LS to shame option and goody wise let alone performance). As for repaying, I have done alot for him as he has me, we are like brothers more than anything. I am kinda sad that he has pretty much moved(going back and forth getting things taken care of). Anything I needed he was there or tried his best to help, aswell as I have for him.

We talked more today and he is actually selling off a couple other cars, he says once over there he is probably going be looking at others. He is trying to decide on what Ferrari he wants and there is another Mercedes he is dying to get along w/ some others we do not get here.

Too bad the SL's trunk is kind of small, probably ZERO bodies. ;)

TheRebel said:
Thats exactly what I was thinking. I don't know how many bodies can fit in the trunk of a Benz.

Little update, was gonna post a new thread but why do that right. So I decided to sell the SL, I really enjoyed it but I would rather be set w/ money than another gas guzzler and money pit so to speak(insurance and yada yada).

So I sold it to a guy in SC for $27K. Retail was like 32 at the time, guy was really happy and could not believe the shape it was in. I took the money and paid off alot of things and stuck the rest in the bank. Not long after a friend who has a bad record of various things needed to get some work done to his '03 Lexus GS300(loaded) and we did the work. He mentioned that the car was costing him big bucks cause of his record and stuff and asked if I wanted the car, I told him it was nice but it would have to be a great deal and he calls me the next day and gives me the price he wants so I accepted and got me a lexus ontop of the other cars.

Never got a photo of the SL, remember the broken camera, but I did get a new one(finally).

The friend was not upset I sold the car either, he knew I would eventually and understands money talks and certain cars to walk.

Edit: Oh, after I sold the SL I was so tempted to get another LS, had a couple of '06 LSE's on stand by but decided I should just let it go, nothing well be like the baby I had.

christ dude, what kind of people do you deal with again?!?

When are you puttin' some pics up of all these free rides? I'm a visual learner :cool: lol

MPJoe2.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back