Oldie but a goodie.........

Geno, do you have that old video of the sc'ed 1st gen ? I think it was black. Was it Keith's car ? You have to post it !!!!

ModPWR said:
Geno, do you have that old video of the sc'ed 1st gen ? I think it was black. Was it Keith's car ? You have to post it !!!!

Man that's going way back. I have no idea where it is? That was Keith's car, it was red.

Even better then. I need to see "my car" in action !!!! PLZ PLZ !!!

jdlmkviii said:
Awesome Vid...

"Die MF Die" by Dope.... man, we got similar tastes in music

Thats the easy listening stuff for me.
I am totally hardcore.
You should see peoples faces when this self employed 35 year old Gentleman takes them for a rip ride in the TerminVIIIor and I hit the "Lamb Of God" cd in ?!?!?!? It's a riot.

ralph said:
just seeing the supermark gave me the chills. that is a badass car

Well if you liked that heres a few more pics. CAUTION: ***DROOL WARNING!***

track1.jpg

track4.jpg

track5.jpg

track7.jpg

ONEBADMK8 said:

That's one bass ask mark 8!

I hope to build something like that in a few years - until then I'm just trying to get my '97 LSC into the 14's (without Gears or NOS) for under a grand . . . I'm currently at a 15.42 (stock) and have just competed a JMod/Mercon V and some AWSF 12C plugs (thanks to BlackIceLSC) - that may have me at a 15.25, so I need to find another .25 or so (hoping a chip will get me there).

Thanks for sharing . . .

ToddnMiss said:
ONEBADMK8 said:

That's one bass ask mark 8!

I hope to build something like that in a few years - until then I'm just trying to get my '97 LSC into the 14's (without Gears or NOS) for under a grand . . . I'm currently at a 15.42 (stock) and have just competed a JMod/Mercon V and some AWSF 12C plugs (thanks to BlackIceLSC) - that may have me at a 15.25, so I need to find another .25 or so (hoping a chip will get me there).

Thanks for sharing . . .

Chip, maf, exhaust and crank pulley will get you there. Done it already with the Gen 2's many times.

If your planning on building a copy of the SuperMark be prepared to remortage your house. LOL!

ONEBADMK8 said:
Chip, maf, exhaust and crank pulley will get you there. Done it already with the Gen 2's many times.

If your planning on building a copy of the SuperMark be prepared to remortage your house. LOL!

I heard we're not supposed to do a MAF on a G2 Mark VIII even with a chip (Reinhart had quoted me this on the phone when I was trying to buy one from him). As for the Crank Pulley - do you know where I can find one that will work with a G2 Mark VIII (I think there's something in the way on the G2 pulleys - have no clue what it is though). The chip is definitely on the list as soon as I get my new home (I'm in escrow and am trying not to spend money until after it closes on 5/20).

As far as the SuperMark - I bought a home with a 4-car garage and 12' ceilings in the garage (with a steel beam going across the back side at 10' that is perfect for pulling engines). I should have plenty of money left for my "project 12" vehicle without refinancing . . . its getting the money past the wife that will take time. I'm stacking away $400 a month now for my "hidden expenses" she'll see me buy the car - so in three years I'll have $15,000 or so plus the car to start, I figure I can get another $5,000 under her approval. So, project 12 should have car+$20,000 . . . that should get me close if not to a 12sec 1/4 mile :D .

Thanks for the pulley suggestion . . . if you know where to get that or a MAF that you think would help please forward that info too.

Have a great weekend!

ToddnMiss - Reinhart has a theory about the point range of MAF's that claims that bigger is not necesarily better.

If you care to read it - here's his summary:

Mass Air Flow Meters
I get a lot of calls about Maf's. The Mustangs have a good Maf, but it can also do real well on the Lighting 80MM and 90MM depending on your Mods, Now there is a new Maf out that is 85MM on the new 02 Mustangs (YC2F-12B579-BA) and for N/A cars it works better, let me explain.

The lightning MAF (XL3F-12B579-AA) has a Max range at 5 volts of about 56 #/min of air. The Max amount varies depending on how you mount the MAF and the bends before and after it. This is critical if you have sharp bends in front of the Maf it will throw off the air meter transfer function. And if you gut the air box and put a conical filter on the end of the Maf all you end up doing is sucking in very hot engine air, which can cause spark knock and detonation.

The MAF in the 02 GT Mustang's is the exact same housing as a lightning MAF it has the same pressure drop as the lightning MAF, but revised electronics. At Max voltage that MAF has only 46 #/min of air flow.
Now, when you look at an N/A car like most of yours, you'll only use about 35#/min of air peak. So, if you put a lightning Maf in you'd only be using 35/56 or 63% of the MAF. So With GT MAF you'd be using about 35/46 or about 76% of that MAF. On a car like a non PI head 4.6L, you will see a peak air flow of less than 30#/min.
Why is this important? It has to do with fuel control. The air meter transfer function has 30 points to it. It's a function with 30 points from 0 to 5 volts. If this range of 0-5 volts is 0-56#/min and you are only using 0-30#/min of it, you won't have good enough fuel control since you are only using about 1/2 the air meter range.

REGARDING THE CRANK PULLEY

Does that big old can stuffed into the center of the crank pulley get in the way of a different size pulley? What is that thing anyway?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tell that to the 743 Gen 2 HAPPY maf users.

That info was from Jerry not Dennis.

I guarantee a noticeable amazing HARMLESS Gain.

Members online

No members online now.
Back