old person's car

I'm 35 and I feel like 25. I've never gotten the "you drive and old persons car" however I have noticed old men admiring my LS.

bought mine about a year ago.. 22 i am gonna be 23 here in a month. bought it for me. was sick of rice and the lawmower sound. wanted something clean and stylish

I'm 20 about to turn 21 in October, love my Lincoln, I haven't had a single person say old persons car. I get more compliments than not.

to whoever said their freind doesnt like his s2000, thats what i hear alot of s2000 owners are saying, still a stylish car and an amazing stock vehicle, you just cant do anything to it.(except throw a 2jz in it :D)

34 with 1 child with ex-wife
2 children with ex-girlfriend
2 children with current girlfriend

College educated with five years experience in the medical field.
After that I became a business owner. Had 2 of them. Now gone thanks to local government. After that started a 3rd business. Just closed after 4 years. Currently/temporarily retired 13 years after graduating college. Not sure what demographic I fit into as far as LS owners.

cars i've owed:
84 Chevy Cavalier
86 Nissan sentra
90 Toyota Corolla
89 Nissan 240SX
96 Mitsubishi eclipse GS
98 Nissan Frontier
2000 Mitsubishi Galant
92 Dodge Stealth RT/TT AWD
96 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
90 Nissan 300ZX
99 Honda Passport
2000 Nissan Xterra
01 Lincoln LS
2000 Lincoln Navigator... all in that order. With all but 4 of those vehicles, I've either wrecked, sold to buy something else, traded-in, had ex-wife keep, had ex-girlfriend take, or gave away. I still own the Stealth, Eclipse GS, and both Lincolns. As my age increases it seems that the number of doors on my cars do the same. Fortunately, the horsepower number gradually moved up, too. As soon as QuikLS completes his SC project and puts it on the market, I'll have it mounted under the LS's hood. Seriously considering a Kenne Bell supercharger for the Navigator to push the 22's. "Old"... my ass.

People who don't know any better call the LS an "old" persons car.
Im 22, and most f the people i see around here driving an LS look to be in their mid 20's to low 30's, with the exception of this one hot soccer mom I see driving all the time. :p She must work near me cuz I see the car almost every day when im leaving or going to work. Every so often I see an actual old person driving an LS, but its not as common as younger drivers.

I'm 24 and have had mine for about 2 weeks now. LOVING it. I hear old man car all the time. I shrug it off and enjoy my balls being cooled in my seat while other just sweat them off. :D

I'm 24 and have had mine for about 2 weeks now. LOVING it. I hear old man car all the time. I shrug it off and enjoy my balls being cooled in my seat while other just sweat them off. :D

Ya bastid! The one function I REALLY wish my LS had... active ventilated seats! This black leather gets ungodly hot. I have to make it a point to park in the shade, with the rear of the car facing west in the afternoon.

I wish you young'uns would get off this old guy vs young guy bit. You are only as old as you let yourself be.:)

haha....the cooled seats are defintely a HUGE plus.

Changing the seat filters however are not---

People always associate Lincolns and Cadillacs with old people, because they are usually the ones who can afford to buy them new, and in the past these cars were long boats like the cars that many older people grew up driving.

Most common drivers have know clue on the performance of a Lincoln especially the Mark VII's Mark VIII's and the LS's where Lincoln tried to draw in a younger crowd.

Now that these cars are much cheaper younger people (in debt with college loans, home loans, kids... can afford them).

The hey isn't that an old person's car will change.

Oh and I'm 46 bought my first Linclon at age 43... and drive it like I'm 25.... What I like is that I still get told that it's an old person's car.. Cool I'm not old yet..l.

Members online

Back