Okay its a club. What about LLSOC

LS252

LVC Member
Reaction score
:L

I received a threatening email from Brian Gowing, (President and Demigod of LLSOC) threatening legal action if LLSOC members are solicited to join this forum. I would encourage all LLSOC members to leave that club and join this forum as it is obvious that the threat of legal action is driven by greed. LLSOC is a subscribed club that provides nothing more than "cut and paste" information about the LS and a forum that is inferior to this one. For your LLSOC $35.00, you get the same that is here plus additional BS as they don't answer email questions about membership unless you have already paid them. There are also alot of complaints about club packages not being mailed to members with a few excuses from the president about being busy. Hes not too busy to cash the membership checks though. Beware of LLSOC!!

Anyway, this looks like a great forum, I look forward to hearing from you all about your LS experiences. I hope you all have the same fun in your LS as I do in mine.

Thanks

Im000007.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Ride! What we need is a Mark VIII and LS get together. It would be great to go heads up and maybe switch rides for some driving demos. Would make a great day. A direct comparison between the cars, side by side, would make for some fun. Make sure to post your location so we can start putting together a meet.

WOW - Well - your absolutely welcome here - and its free! We are just getting stated but LS owners are more then welcome. Nice Ride!

LS252 said:
I received a threatening email from Brian Gowing, (President and Demigod of LLSOC) threatening legal action if LLSOC members are solicited to join this forum. I would encourage all LLSOC members to leave that club and join this forum as it is obvious that the threat of legal action is driven by greed. LLSOC is a subscribed club that provides nothing more than "cut and paste" information about the LS and a forum that is inferior to this one. For your LLSOC $35.00, you get the same that is here plus additional BS as they don't answer email questions about membership unless you have already paid them. There are also alot of complaints about club packages not being mailed to members with a few excuses from the president about being busy. Hes not too busy to cash the membership checks though. Beware of LLSOC!!

Anyway, this looks like a great forum, I look forward to hearing from you all about your LS experiences. I hope you all have the same fun in your LS as I do in mine.

Thanks

Welcome aboard.

That sounds like Cry Baby Gowing all right. He is a TOOL of TOOl's that needs to be shut down asap.

I went on there a while back offering services and a hello and I was greeted with nothing but disrespect and I was called out for free advertising and he then delelted me and talked all kinds of non sense and lies about myself and my company.

He is full of empty threats and is absolutely NOTHING to fear legally simply because he will NOT do anything. He is just a talker.

I laugh at him regularly.
He even screwed over my good friend at DPG Phil Gonzales. Him and his Wife need to get a life.

Last edited:
LLSOC? I thought it was Gowing's Ego Inc.

I finally quit even visiting LLSOC. There were only 3 or 4 guys who seemed to run the deal and I also didn't think I needed to send money to California to talk about my car. I think clubs, even online ones, should welcome all viewpoints, not just those that agree with a self appointed "Guru".
Here's what clubs should be about:

P1000374.JPG

And we absolutely do welcome all viewpoints. HERE - its about the members - not some select group of people like some clubs-- but ALL members. That was my first and foremost thought when I started this site.

Joeychgo said:
And we absolutely do welcome all viewpoints. HERE - its about the members - not some select group of people like some clubs-- but ALL members. That was my first and foremost thought when I started this site.

And it shalst remain that way......or ELSE!!!!!!!!!!

YEAH LVC MAFIA SWEET.

We can go paint a big lincoln gang sign on LLSOC main page.

Aside from LVC mafia, i hope those poor saps in the LLSOC club can get word of this site. The day i came to the homepage i was hooked. :V

:Bang These smileys are cool :Bang

Happy to hear you like the place. It really makes me happy to know we're on the right track. What we need now is members - lots of new ones. Tell all your friends to come take a look. I have alot of plans I cant really put into place until we get to around 1000 members. Some great things like group buys & contests for free products.

I'm a 1/3 Italian. That must count for something. I'm particulary looking forward to rapping with a bunch of other guys with different tastes in cars. It is good to expand your horizon.

Welcome aboard!!!!

I think the same way. I never gave the LS a second look til a friend bought one..... Same with the STS -- I never looked at that until I ended up with one as a rental for a week. Both are great cars....... Of course, im still in love with my Mark VIII

:steering :L

I've liked the LS since it came out. I liked it so much I went and test drove it. It drove nicely and was quiet......too quite for me.....but nice none the less.

What about it?

I received an email from Joey to check out this board. So far so good. I am a proud member of the LLSOC so I find this post a bit harsh, but that is Joey's opinion so I'll let it go. $35 a year is good for what the LLSOC has to offer...but that is my opinion.

One thing I will give the other site is volume. Lots of posts. Lots of people interacting. I have looked at others like Edmunds, Lincolns of Distinction, etc. and there are no posts. Seems like a post or two every week or month. Not good for a forum.

This site is new so I don't expect great things to happen immediately. I'll wait to see how it goes, though. Good luck.
:Beer

MV LS said:
One thing I will give the other site is volume. Lots of posts. Lots of people interacting. I have looked at others like Edmunds, Lincolns of Distinction, etc. and there are no posts. Seems like a post or two every week or month. Not good for a forum.

This site is new so I don't expect great things to happen immediately. I'll wait to see how it goes, though. Good luck.
:Beer
Hello and Welcome.

I can tell you that this site has a lot of great personalities on it, but it is new and it will need some time to form a personality. I haven't checked you out on the LLSOC site so I don't know if you post frequently or not, but all I can say is the more everybody puts into this site, by posting, telling friends to visit, etc. will only serve to accelerate this board to one of the top spots. So please post and post often. Many of these other boards have had years to develope. We are only a month old.

Thanks for joining and look forward to seeing you around. Maybe we can even trade rides someday. I have a wild V-10 Twin-Turbo Mark that I hope will see the light of day someday and my stock '98 is getting a little juice before Carlisle. Take care.

Other boards offer what they choose to offer. Some boards are more restrictive then this one, or offer less content........some offer other features. Each has its following.

Our goal here is to have the best board in response to what our members tell us they want. Simple. A nice place to hang out and talk cars. No politics, no bs.

LS252 said:

Thanks

I find this kind of hard to believe. If you want this site to be successful you will need to share the same passion for the car regardless of who runs what site. I don't understand the "cut and paste" comment but there are numerous Lincoln engineers and staff folks that frequent the board that make it worthwhile.

If you're only concerned because you didn't get your $10 license plate then you're missing the point of the club. This seems to be your only gripe about LLSOC.

I just found this site today so I haven't had a chance to look around. I'm sure this will be a successful site but trying to sway folks away from one club just because you had a problem with a membership package don't disparage the whole club. The more knowledgeable each forum can be then the better for all Lincoln LS owners. I love my car and regardless of what club I'm associated with I will continue to love it. :L

I agree. I really dont like seeing posts that trash other boards. Over the years I have learned that no board/club is perfect for everyone. Everyone is more then welcome here regardless of affiliations or loyalties to other clubs & boards.

This site is for people who love their lincolns and/or cadillacs, new or old, so they can learn and share information about these great American Luxury Automobiles.

LS252 said:

Thanks

I also find that hard to believe. People over there are always refering to other forums. They do have a strict policy about giving out other members email address' though. That is a good thing, IMHO. Kinda like your employer giving your home phone number to someone they do business with.

Again. Lets not turn this into a "bash and defend" the LLSOC forum...... Its just not in keeping with good taste.

Lets talk cars - the LS is is a fantastic car and gives us plenty to talk about.

Joeychgo said:
Again. Lets not turn this into a "bash and defend" the LLSOC forum...... Its just not in keeping with good taste.

Lets talk cars - the LS is is a fantastic car and gives us plenty to talk about.

You're absolutely right!

I lowered mine ~1 inch. What a difference in handling! The car corners like it's on rails. I do have a slight camber issue, though. Mine is sitting at about 1º negative. My alignment guy told me BMW's run about 2º negative camber. I guess I gan live with 1º :)

Last edited:
have you got any pics???? maybe post them in the member's garage........ nice to have you on the site!

Joeychgo said:

Agree and appreciate that you feel this way. I've had a chance to browse around and it's a nicely put together site.

Cheers! :Beer

Members online

No members online now.
Back