Oil temperature sending unit

BILLBOATS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
My 96 mark has alway displayed on the message center "oil temperature not working" not exact words but close. I think the sender is underneath the plenium so taking it off is needed to replace sender. Furthermore I need to diagnosis if this is defective. Whats the way to replace and check it out?

there is no oil temp sensor.
there is a pressure sensor in the adapter next to the filter.
and a level sensor in the pan.

Yes, where is the oil temp located, either oil filter adapter and or at the pan side. Is there 2?
T
Rock auto sell a oil sensor for the 96 mark costing 9.95 however they show one for the transmission oil temperature too. After I call ford parts I'll be more specific

Yes, where is the oil temp located, either oil filter adapter and or at the pan side. Is there 2?
T
After contacting ford parts, there is a transmission oil temperature sensor but no engine oil temperature sensor

Maybe check the sensors at the oil filter adapter and the one at the side of the pan too?
Hi .I spoke with you last year . You worked at forrest city parts. How did your mark do after the tune up? What et and mph did it turn?

I worked there from 91 to 94. S. Main and in Ellet.
Car ran pretty good. I only had the chance to take it to the track once. If I ever went back I believe I could’ve gotten a 13 at nearly 100mph.

7E83A9F6-4F8C-45EE-86FB-3E84C71F9F90.jpeg

1B5D0B39-4481-4D07-9F5C-3657E4238827.jpeg

Car ran pretty good. I only had the chance to take it to the track once. If I ever went back I believe I could’ve gotten a 13 at nearly 100mph.

View attachment 828568197

View attachment 828568198

View attachment 828568197

View attachment 828568198
Hi, Billboats here. Had a fair christmas as our nice small cat,Baby jake got outside last night. Yes I think you can cack 14 sec. My mark is car covered and I bought all new Moog front end rebuild asemblys from rock at 330.00. I am looking for a top front end mechanic with me supply there moogs and them the shop labor. In canal fulton Hardgroves was the best . I know dewys and any you know of ,send the names. Happy new 2018. My air ride is non operational. Waiting till spring for either restoring air or going to Arrnot full conversion.

Wow its been so long since ive dealt with any Akron shops WAY over 20 years now......I’m showing my age!
One of these days I’d like to check your car out as your not to far.

That will be fun. Car has no rust, some dings, orginal paint. I would like to drive down once I get new front end and fix ride, spring it or fix it. Mount the better tires with white walls. I never liked the blackwall change in todays cars

I had to buy tires for my Mark VIII and my dads Crown Vic this past year and went with black walls. Whitewalls seem to be going away.

I found a set of portawalls from MOONS in California that are 1 and 1/8th wide fit near perfect on standard mark 16 inch tires.

Members online

No members online now.
Back