Oil priming?

lincoln1

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello, As everybody knows by now, I been working on a 2001, sitting for years.... trying to get it ready to start. I messed up when I drained the oil and filter. I put oil in the filter and put a quart or 2 in. I took the oil sender off and put a barbed fitting on with a clear plastic tubing and hooked the hose to a garden sprayer. I did this wrongly thinking that the pump had lost prime from sitting for years. In pumping the garden sprayer it does get harder to pump, but I don't how much is getting to the pump, I disconnected the tubing at the sprayer and I can see oil in the tubing. I haven't sprayed oil in the filter mounting holes. I understand by disconnecting the crank sensor you can crank the engine without starting. I can jack it up, take the wheel off, disconnect, and put wheel back on, the wheel has to be on to crank, right? I haven't had the ignition key programed yet to the new column. I originally planned on connecting a oil pressure gauge with the sender, if it will all fit. I appreciate all your help I've gotten. Thanks in advance.

Members online

No members online now.
Back