Oil Pressure Light

zero18

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
trying to figure out how to fix this issue

About every 3 or 4 days after driving about 30 miles on the freeway the oil light comes on at a full stop.
once I get to work and park it (shut off for 8 hours), no light anymore
no light any other times.

any suggestions would be great.

trying to figure out how to fix this issue

About every 3 or 4 days after driving about 30 miles on the freeway the oil light comes on at a full stop.
once I get to work and park it (shut off for 8 hours), no light anymore
no light any other times.

any suggestions would be great.

I got the same issue. What engine and year? As soon as I tap the gas it's gone till i'm back at a red light/idle.

2002 V6 (145,000 miles)

same thing for me.. tap gas and light is off

Wow, seems like we have a little bit in common here. 00' v6 at 146k. I was planning to replace the oil pressure sensor, but no mechanic can find it. I was a little bummed out on that one.

Wow, seems like we have a little bit in common here. 00' v6 at 146k. I was planning to replace the oil pressure sensor, but no mechanic can find it. I was a little bummed out on that one.

You need better "mechanics."

oilpressure.jpg

Item 9278 on the diagram.
1U5Z-9278-HA

oilpressure.jpg

so I changed the sending unit. took about 30 min..
13/16 deep well socket and 2 small extensions..
pretty hard to reach..

Me too, replaced my sensor but...........oil light still comes on. Most likely I have a small leak on the oil pan. 01V6. Seems like the light comes on when the weather is hot.

Me too, replaced my sensor but...........oil light still comes on. Most likely I have a small leak on the oil pan. 01V6. Seems like the light comes on when the weather is hot.

It's a low/no oil pressure light, not a low oil level light. A small leak in the unpressurized oil pan would not trigger it (unless you let all the oil leak out).

Members online

No members online now.
Back