Oil Pan Gasket repair

Ah yes, I remember now ... non-matched L & R rear UCA in the same suspension order from Tasca, such joy that was!
Nonetheless, form fit function ... see how the oddball one holds up over time.

Just a normal torque wrench. First screw all the bolts in hand tight. Then set the torque wrench to 5 Nm and tighten all bolts in sequence. Then set it to 12 Nm and tighten all the bolts again, in the same sequence.
Sequence below.
View attachment 828470838

What is a good thing to use in cleaning the pan and screws prior to reapplying new gasket?

Is there any special kind of adhesive to use when putting on the new oil pan gasket??

What is a good thing to use in cleaning the pan and screws prior to reapplying new gasket?

Is there any special kind of adhesive to use when putting on the new oil pan gasket??

Brake parts cleaner usually works pretty well.
There's no requirement for any sealant on the oil pan gasket. If you really want to put something, ultra-black would probably be good.

Bad ending to a good oil gasket Repair

Brake parts cleaner usually works pretty well.
There's no requirement for any sealant on the oil pan gasket. If you really want to put something, ultra-black would probably be good.

Well I was on a roll had everything taking off cleaned and back on. I though I had the measurements right to the torque wrench and for some odd reason it never clicked on one of the screws and of coarse the screw broke off. So close. Everything else in place and ready to go. What should I expect from this incident leaking oil again ???

I'd get the remainder of the bolt out and replace it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back