Oil in wells replace seals

LsPlayboy18

LVC Member
Reaction score
I checked today and I found alot of oil in all of my wells. Now im not sure what it is i need to replace, plugs I know for sure but do i need to replace the boot and coils too? Also when i order the kit from ford is it the seals for one well or all of them?

If you aren't suffering from a coil or plug miss, just clean everything up and reseal it. You need to order the correct kit. One is just the valve cover gasket and the other includes the seals (all you need for one side...you need two kits) Go to the dealer....he should know just what you need. Just look in the plastic bag and make sure the little O ring looking seals are in there.

so i dont need to replace anything but the seals? even know the boots and coils were covered in oil?

Just clean them up with Brake Cleaner and stick 'em back in. If they aren't giving you problems now, they should be good to go. They are easy to change later if a problem pops up. They are just too expensive to replace if they don't need it. I actually had a coil that was missing due to oil in the well. After sealing the valve cover and cleaning the coil, plug, and boot, I stuck the missing coil back in and it's worked perfectly ever since. If the car is missing because the coil is grounding through the oil, removing that ground should cure your problem. Try it before you throw away good money. Replacing coils is NOT hard!

Clean all of the oil out, and make sure all of the coils are working properly and rid of oil residue. You'll need new valve cover gaskets, and check if the valve covers have warped at all. Also you might want to look into sealing the valve covers, I believe there is a tech article on this. Good Luck.

Thanks for answering.. ill start on monday whats the easiest way to get the oil out of the well, just stick a towel down there?

would you consider about 4 drops of oil enough to want the VC resealed?

i just changed spark plugs with iridium ones that ford said would be OK oem replacement.

it still misfires and the engine light just came back on.. there was a little considensation on top of the coil cover... and the coil boot.. and about 4 drops around the plug but nothing actually got into the spark plug.. i wiped the boot down and the well out when i put the new plugs in..

i used a multimeter on the coil packs and they all came back close to impedance.. is there still a possibility that one is bad???

thanks-matt

Members online

No members online now.
Back