oil burning

ViC

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
so i bought my ls few months back. i've noticed that the oil goes down a quart over time. like since feb, i've had to put 1 quart in, and today i'm going to put another one since it's low again. i drive it every day at least 15 miles.

no smoke comes out the back. my mechanic did a purchase inspection and no leaks. it's been up on the rack again for a tire change few weeks ago, i was under the car and didn't see any leaks...

the one i have now is 04 v8 ls

is this something i should be worried about?

How many miles on your LS and and how many miles between adding 1qt of oil.

i knew you were going to ask that... lol. i'll pay more attention. i'd say at 1400 miles. but here's the weird thing, so i bought a quart and i was going to put it in, i checked the oil again and it was fine. ok, seriously, i may not be very mechanically inclined, but i know how to check the oil! i wiped and checked 5 times! how could this happen??

i usually check the oil in the AM after the car has been sitting overnight. that's how i checked it today. only difference was that i moved the car about 200 meters this morning. but then the car sat for 3-4 hours before i checked the oil.

weird...

Members online

No members online now.
Back