oh no not again

kitbuf

LVC Member
Reaction score
Man it seems like this pos is falling apart on me now. Well after just fixing my coolant leak and high fan speed problem (actuator) last week, I now have another problem that has reared it's ugly head.

First of all, it's a 01 v8. Has started rattling sound coming from drivers side. Rattles only under acceleration and is louder when under slight acceleration (light motor bog) but fades away the harder you mash the gas and dissapears when you really mash the gas hard like under wot.

Do not hear any rattling when at idle. When parked I can stomp the gas and you can hear it rattle just a split second when the engine kind of bogs (so to speak) just before it revs up. But you only hear it a split second and as soon as the rpm's starts to shoot up it goes away. And by bog I don't mean the engine literally bogs, I'm just referring to the split second it takes the engine to start to rev after you slam the gas while sitting still at idle in park.

I have always run high test gas. The oil is changed regularly and it is not low on oil. Has nothing aftermarket on it such as tune or anything. I have read a little pertaining to cat breaking up inside, would this cause an engine light, say with the O2 sensor. Also would this only be heard under light accelaration or would you also hear it under wot type acceleration.

A semi-good test to see if the cat is plugged is to put your hand by the exhaust outlet on each side.. Is the same amount coming out of each side?

Members online

No members online now.
Back