Oh, it's BRAGGIN' time! :)

Ghaleon64

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So on my way home from work last night around 10 p.m. I pull up to a late model Camaro SS, 99 to 02 generation.

We exchange glares. He revs. It's on.

Light turns green, I give a perfect launch and...

He can't beat me. :D

From 0-65 it was neck and neck. And this was BEFORE my typhoon intake, so bone stock. So all these people that say that the LS isn't a red light racer, well... I beg to differ. Oh, and his SS was a manual. So unless there was something very wrong with his car then I'd say the LS is good competition.

I kill 'vettes every day:

corvettelolz.jpg

Trumped.

Even with the temp gauge glowing and pegged on hot. Take that C-6's. LOL

So on my way home from work last night around 10 p.m. I pull up to a late model Camaro SS, 99 to 02 generation.

From 0-65 it was neck and neck. And this was BEFORE my typhoon intake, so bone stock. So all these people that say that the LS isn't a red light racer, well... I beg to differ. Oh, and his SS was a manual. So unless there was something very wrong with his car then I'd say the LS is good competition.

You didn't beat a f body catfish. Don't kid your self.

i beat an old lady , left her in the dust we exchanged glares , and she called me names but i didnt care i was gonna get that handicap parking spot f-ck that

( yes i do have handicap plates that are mine ,its a joke people )

Just so happens I own an '05 LS and an '02 Camaro SS. The Camaro will smoke the LS in all speed and handling related endeavors without breaking a sweat.

Just so happens I own an '05 LS and an '02 Camaro SS. The Camaro will smoke the LS in all speed and handling related endeavors without breaking a sweat.

I would hope so seeing as its a sports coupe with a 5.7L V8 and the LS is a small block powered luxury sedan.

Dont think the suspension on it is as good as the LS's however.

Well 3 weeks ago I gave a Challanger R/T a real good run dident beat it but was close now an SRT8 is a different story, and just saying ive pissed off many Honda Civic and Acura Integra owners when their riced out turd boxes couldent beat a Lincoln LS haha and Ive beat some 1999-04 Mustang GT's.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

looks like its time for a new rule,

kill stories are not kill stories unless they happened at the track.

which for the record, i did beat a 630hp vortec charged fox body last summer at milan, i usually dont bring it up because he was only working on launches and got out of it right after he got into 2nd great with out breaking them loose.

i always find it interesting when a mid 13 second car is beaten by a low 15 second car.

that SS could have had a blow cylinder and still beaten a bone stock LS.

Well 3 weeks ago I gave a Challanger R/T a real good run dident beat it but was close now an SRT8 is a different story, and just saying ive pissed off many Honda Civic and Acura Integra owners when their riced out turd boxes couldent beat a Lincoln LS haha and Ive beat some 1999-04 Mustang GT's.

The older stangs are not hard to beat if they are stock. 05+ stangs are a bit faster and the 5.0s are untouchable.

Challengers are heavy as :q:q:q:q and they make more power but that base hemi is only about 70hp more than the 3.9L in our LS's. The 6.1 is much faster and the 6.4 is beast.

looks like its time for a new rule,

kill stories are not kill stories unless they happened at the track.

which for the record, i did beat a 630hp vortec charged fox body last summer at milan, i usually dont bring it up because he was only working on launches and got out of it right after he got into 2nd great with out breaking them loose.

i always find it interesting when a mid 13 second car is beaten by a low 15 second car.

that SS could have had a blow cylinder and still beaten a bone stock LS.

Lots of people cant drive for :q:q:q:q.

I will say that I was racing a 5 series I believe it was a 535, if you know bimmers that used to mean 3500cc engine now that just means their 3.something liter engine. And We ere neck and neck but I took it on the take off a tad but it would have been a great road race, as it would have come down to the driver not the car so much.

I have also raced a vette and took it off the line and what not but he was also back there spinning tires. once he decided to let it hook up he blew right by me but I still has fun.

3500cc is 3.5. :) 1000cc = 1 liter.

And hey, I was being serious. :( Not a joke topic, it really happened. Maybe the guy sucks at driving, fine. But what experience do I have?! :)

The way I see it, two inexperienced drivers flooring it at the same time, one car obviously more powerful but couldn't win. Good enough for me.

Somewhere on LS1.com there is a Camaro owner posting about making some guy in an LS's day by not putting his foot all the way into the gas pedal. :D

Somewhere on LS1.com there is a Camaro owner posting about making some guy in an LS's day by not putting his foot all the way into the gas pedal. :D

Best post in this thread.

:Beer

3500cc is 3.5. :) 1000cc = 1 liter.

And hey, I was being serious. :( Not a joke topic, it really happened. Maybe the guy sucks at driving, fine. But what experience do I have?! :)

The way I see it, two inexperienced drivers flooring it at the same time, one car obviously more powerful but couldn't win. Good enough for me.

I know but you must have no idea that BMW's number system does not directly relate to engine size as they used to, now 116i, 118i and 120i all have a 2.0 liter engine. so a 335 may not have a 3.5 liter engine. I forget the engine size in the x3x series cars such as the 535 or 335 and so on.

exceptions to this can be your M series and I will say the M6 is gorgeous

good one Tommy!!!

a friend of mine has a 02 cobra with a whipple. says he cant stand driving it anymore, every single time he takes it out, at every single stop light some jack wagon tries to race him, every altima, accord... @ $4.20 a gallon, its not even worth it to show them how stupid they are. sh!t gets old quick, his new thing will be to even give them a rev, and they will tear away from the light wasting their gas while he just laughs, sometimes he will take off from the light in third so they can pull ahead of him while he still sticks close. always makes the teenagers feel like big shots. im sure the VTEC board are buzzing that night, only difference is that they dont have any voice of reasons on those boards to tell the kids the cold hard truth.

I suppose I failed to mention his girlfriend was in the car rooting him on. You REALLY think he wasn't trying to impress her? Come now... :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back