Official LS Picture Thread

Yup. With all options (hopefully). Some I dont have to have because I can add them myself. But the plan is an 06 ultimate with less than 60k blk/blk

20130630_144039.jpg

Too Clean.

100_3977.jpg

That would be the factory radio..... I assume that's what "Double Din" means...

Second one to ... keeps on keeping my CD's, won't eject. Doesn't seem to like homemade burned discs.
... Not even going to bother with stock anymore, done with Alpine 6X CD. Fn BS!

Second one to ... keeps on keeping my CD's, won't eject. Doesn't seem to like homemade burned discs.

Are you using applique type labels? Those labels are a problem for the wheels that eject the CD. I just write on mine and have never had a problem.

No labels, just disc ... I write Gangsta #1, #2, #3 etc on them with black sharpie.
must like the mixes so much it decides to keep them in there. trouble is, not only will it not eject them, it will not even play them either.
shows CD DISC ERROR, shows all 6 loaded.

Had this problem when I bought it, last Owners discs were stuck in there, Salvaged a gently used replacement, was working for about 1.5mth then decided to do the same thing as it's brother.

like I said, not even going to bother with those stocks anymore. will upgrade to aftermarket eventually. it's on the list as everything else is.

Is there is a difference between the GEN I and GEN II disc changers? I always have 6 disc's in my 06 and have never had a problem.

Not sure Chris, I'm always stuck looking at 1st Gen parts. don't often cross reference 2nd Gen stuff.
I tossed the old unit, it did have some numbering on the back, have some notes on it here ... guess I could check.
but like anyone else ... eventually I want to upgrade to a newer modern head unit with a little amp in the back.
Nothing too big though, simple small pre-amped box perhaps.

I've had the 8" Bazooka pre-amped in the rigs before and it does the job well enough for me.

Try this out, Rig.

Screenshot_2013-07-24-13-42-01.jpg

Screenshot is tiny, but it says that if a cd gets stuck, press on it with a credit card...its on page 2 of the ls owners guide thread by djknowledge

Screenshot_2013-07-24-13-42-01.jpg

Thanks, I tried that on the first one and the second unit to no avail.
Might try a chisel and hammer next tho ... lol. but your right, I should try some more and see if I can convince it.
I just think it's the age of these things, the ejection mechanism only wants to last so long ... or something.
I had read elsewhere on a different model car brand stock unit, it's a little plastic clip that gives way.

When I hit eject, you can see/hear it's going through the routine but doesn't complete with desired result of ejecting the CD itself.
Last one behaved the same way ... and ends with CD DISC ERROR displayed on read-out.

<shrugs>

in hindsight, I should have kept the old one and opened it up to see what's going on in there ... but garbage can was closest.

Thanks, I tried that on the first one and the second unit to no avail.
Might try a chisel and hammer next tho ... lol. but your right, I should try some more and see if I can convince it.
I just think it's the age of these things, the ejection mechanism only wants to last so long ... or something.
I had read elsewhere on a different model car brand stock unit, it's a little plastic clip that gives way.

When I hit eject, you can see/hear it's going through the routine but doesn't complete with desired result of ejecting the CD itself.
Last one behaved the same way ... and ends with CD DISC ERROR displayed on read-out.

<shrugs>

in hindsight, I should have kept the old one and opened it up to see what's going on in there ... but garbage can was closest.

Maybe Canadian CDs are thicker than US spec CDs.....

'come on now, everything is China made, you know that.

I still have the spindle here, "Memorex CD-R". Other CD's play fine on my PC and home entertainment unit.
I even ensures the sessions were closed during the burn process and had selected a slower burn rate. (we all know how that works out if you don't)

----EDIT:

Maybe Canadian CDs are thicker than US spec CDs.....

:bowrofl:

Hey Mex ....
smiley-finger007.gif

lol

Come on now, let's see it! must be done by now? what's that in your Avatar ? Limo Black ?

My avatar is my first or second LS I do not remember. And no it's not finished yet. I was just at the shop yesterday and he said about 2 more weeks. And I'm doing a few things to it before I will post pics so it may still be a month before you see anything except I may throw ya some spy shots so to say lol. I will throw ya the color though. It's a gray, gunmetal, graphite, silvery, metallic type color.

I had the same problem bigrig with my changer. I did the card trick and use a black cd at times to get me out but eventually it just quit all together.

I had the same problem bigrig with my changer. I did the card trick and use a black cd at times to get me out but eventually it just quit all together.

Same thing here. Eventually no amount of fiddling with it would get the cds out.

Members online

No members online now.
Back