Offical Income Tax Preparation and Advice Thread

hottweelz

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
It's that time of the year again, Income Tax Time...

Just want you to be aware of a resource you have here at LvC.com ...

Previous to being at Bloomberg LP, the largest Financial Firm in the world ;)

I did over five years at the Internal Revenue Service as a Current Year Tax Examiner and also a Power Of Attorney/Estate Tax Examiner.

My time at the IRS as also designated me an "Enrolled Agent" with the Federal Government.

So with that said, I tend to be extrememly busy between 02/01 - 04/15.

Here I'll offer you free tax advice, I know things that no one else really knows

(IE, H&R Block filers automatically go into a special group for random auditing pulls)

Advice can be heeded here, I just want to help,

I do prepare beautiful Income Tax returns in complete binders for a fee, but I'm not advertising that to you... simply want to help here.

Fire away!
images

Last edited by a moderator:
hottweelz said:
I do prepare beautiful returns in complete binders for a fee, but I'm not advertising that to you... simply want to help here.

Fire away!
images

With that said, I'll be changing my Avatar, also my personal site http://www.hottweelz.com will be slow, any games or MP3 requests will have to be sent to me as I won't be pro-actively adding much until after April

My stupid idea of http://alldebates.com will be put in Overdrive and will not accelrate much, I was bored, I created a debate site, what can I say...

I have to focus on http://yearlytaxes.com for the next few months...

I'm going to offer a $9.95 review service... Do your taxes yourself and have them reviewed and signed as prepared after full review when errors are found, you have the option of waiving the $9.95 fee and going for full preparation... I like the idea as it gives people a chance to do their own taxes.

Hi Hottweelz

Here in the UK our tax year ends on April 5th and returns have to be in by September 30th, the IRS then work out the taxes you owe and send out a demand in December (I usually get mine christmas eve :( ), you then get until January 31st to pay half of the amount due or you are fined ($185 and interest added), the other half falls due on July 1st.

I have just sent them my 1st half yearly check for $6500 :( :( :(

Regards

Dereck

that can't be the only way LOL, our IRS will do your taxes for you as well automatically, but thats out of desperation that you don't file voluntarily.

$1

wouldn't you want your 15 cents back if you earned a dollar and paid taxes on it?

I only made 6,204.12 last year and they held out only 39 dollars federal tax.

pepperman said:
I only made 6,204.12 last year and they held out only 39 dollars federal tax.

do your parents claim you? if not, you'll get it all $39 back... + don't forget state

pepperman said:
hotweelz I'm 43.

Than you're good to go, as long as no one else can claim you I'll do your 1040ez form for free so you get the money back, there's no reason you should let them keep it!

(and excuse me, my bad, so many younger people on the board you never can tell)

hottwheelz, this is really nice of you. On behalf of LVC as a whole, thank you.

I've replied to my PM's... and to clarify it is best to PM me, I wouldn't post important info here, but definately good to notify me this way...
:V

We are comming upon 02/01 which means all of your W-2s and 1099's will be arriving if not already. Fed Law is they must be postmarked for today.

I was recently asked about the "Innocent Spouse" and "Injured Spouse" Clauses by the IRS. Each case is individual whether it be a criminal issue, financial judgement issue, before marriage issue etc...

I do not charge extra fees for this research and investigation... I don't believe anyone should charge a "time" fee for Tax Preparation... if we prepare taxes, professionally, we know what each individual form takes time wise and should base our up front charges on that.

Do not go to ANY Tax Preparer who charges a "time fee", for example $15 per hour of research, on top of form filing fees. It's just morally wrong...

side note: I have a 100% success rate at the time of this posting with Injured/Innocent Spouse claims and an actual money refund. And as with all of my work it is 100% confidential... Records are also handed over to be destroyed at your request. Although you always want to keep a copy on hand for yourself...

'Wheelz, Any opinion on the tax preparation software? Turbotax or Taxcut? Do they do a good job? When you said H&R Block got xtra attn, does that refer to their Taxcut software also??
Thanks

Hey, all ads and commercials are hype, just like the Tornado Air Intake system ;) but I would think that TaxCut doesn't necessarily make you stand out at the IRS as it's just software FROM H&R Block, and not an actual H&R Block Rep doing it... so it should be ok....

Also Turbo Tax, (which I use for one reason and only one reason) guarantees against Mathematical Errors... this is very important! You still must make sure you know the answers to the questions, any software will allow you to make a procedural mistake... software is best for Mathematical Confidence... in which case my long winded answer would be Turbo Tax by Intuit.

Pepperman, I made about that much last year, and I'm getting about a grand back. File and get your piece back.

CaptainZilog said:
Pepperman, I made about that much last year, and I'm getting about a grand back. File and get your piece back.

Tis True, between Earned Income Credit, any kids he may qualify... that dollar you pay has potential of being much more.

Not to take away from my own business, but I found out that if you made under 37,000 per year last year, then TurboTax for Web (not the software) is allowing for FREE filing of tax returns under certain states. You might want to check it out. They do still charge for E-File though. It's amazing how tough and competitive this business becomes for four months out of a year.

http://www.yearlytaxes.com is still better ;)

Members online

Back