Oem Truts Or Sport Sturts??

jdbwood

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I Am Replacing My Stuts/shocks Soon Does Anyone Know Which Shocks Have Abetter, Smoother Ride. I Am Jus Looking For New Shocks To Smoothin The Ride Alot More. My Car Currently Has The Stock Sport Suspension. It Has Over 55,xxx Miles So Anyone Have Any Suggestions For The Best Oem Shocks?? I Just Want A Very Smooth Ride

I Just Want A Very Smooth Ride

Take out the Eibachs. Aftermarket springs with non-matched, stock reproduction struts/shocks really doesn't do anything for the ride. Especially on the streets/highways around this city. Luckily, I don't drive mine all that much or I'd have yanked my Eibachs out a long time ago.

Hey, I have the base shocks with the Eibachs and have a great ride. Very smooth, the only problems is going into driveways and speed bumps in the parking lots. If you want a smoother ride go with the base shock and keep you Eibachs.

i am just lookin for a overall smooth ride i am taking my eibach springs out and replacing them witht he stock springs. but while i am replacing the springs i wanna replace my shcoks. i dont kno if i should replace them with the sport shocks or base model shocks. i dont kno which are a smoother ride..??

If you are looking for a more compliant, comfortable ride, go with the base shocks.

It's highly unlikely that you have the Euro shocks, so to make a difference, you'll have to go base. You might stick with the shocks you have after you switch back to the stock springs; you can always go base later if you don't like the resulting ride.

i never said i had euro shocks. my car has the sport shocks it came with. i will be puttin my stock springs back on and replace the struts wit the base model struts. thanx for everyones help.!!

where does everyone get their shocks/struts from? Mine are blown and im looking to buy new ones but dont want to go to a lincoln dealer, autozone, etc.

i never said i had euro shocks.
I didn't say you said you did. All I said was unless you had the Euros, you'd have to go from Sport to base to make a difference--going from Sport to Sport won't make a difference. Make sense now?

where does everyone get their shocks/struts from? Mine are blown and im looking to buy new ones but dont want to go to a lincoln dealer, autozone, etc.
Go to Lincoln. You have two choices: OEM shocks or Monroes, and the reviews of by those who've used the Monroes were very uncomplimentary of them. (I believe SensaCraps is how they've been described.)

thanks, I hate buying oem parts from the ford parts department because they are so ridiculous expensive but i guess i'll have to bite the bullet on this one.

Your best options are LS Koncepts or Team Ford; I'd bet they'll give you a significantly better price than your local dealer. They both have ads on the right side of the forum.

Keep in mind that coil over shocks and the sway bar work together, mix and match will affect handling.

Members online

No members online now.
Back